Home Forums General General Board 3.4U certification

3.4U certification

Home Forums General General Board 3.4U certification

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mudflap276
    Participant

heres a question for those contractors and others who paid for a 3.4U cert. are you making money with the certification? have you been staying busy with it? is it helping when negotiating your day rate on contracts when you put on your resume that you have that cert?

just curious. im thinking about getting it but i want to weigh the options on with work/lack of work and having the cert.

thanks

Mud

Gina McLauchlan
    Participant

Hey mudflap276,

Well, I am just a 3.4U and have never had any problem finding work since I got my cert …many moons ago!

From my point of view, there are a number of 3.4u guys and gals out there, the ones that are good at what they do, will never be short of work.

You being ROV bod if you were to get a 3.4u cert, I think when you are offshore you would either be in an ROV position or 3.4u position…not both. Thus you would either be on the ROV rate or 3.4u rate. The 3.4u rate depends on the position you hold, either online or coordinator.

Again, if you work through an agent, have a chat with them and see how much 3.4u work they get…and if you got the cert, would they be willing to put you out as a 3.4u.

Depending on when you are thinking of doing the 3.4u course. As another option possibly in the future CSWIP are talking of introducing a 3.5u course, which is like the 3.4u only with no diver stuff, it’s purely for those who would be working on ROV projects. It would mean that you would not be qualified to work on diver projects. At the moment I’m not sure when this course will be introduced, if it is actually introduced.

Hope this helps

Mark DuPriest
    Participant

contact me via PM, cheers….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar