Home Forums General General Board Advice about Seaeye Falcon or Sub Atlantic Mohawk

Advice about Seaeye Falcon or Sub Atlantic Mohawk

Home Forums General General Board Advice about Seaeye Falcon or Sub Atlantic Mohawk

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Pierre COLIN
    Participant

Hi Alls

I’m looking for any advice about what is the best between these two systems.The company I work for is interested in inpection ROV.I know a wee bit the Falcon but idon’t kmow a clue about the Mohawk.All advices are very welcome.
    Cheers

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Falcon works most of the time.
    The Mohawk has a tendancy not to 😕

bt
    Participant

Go for a Seaeye tiger best all round inspection vehicle.

Pierre COLIN
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for these advices.I thought to get more.I know the Tiger is a good system but it’s still a question of price!
    Lostboy what are the main problem for the Mohawk?
    Cheers

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for these advices.I thought to get more.I know the Tiger is a good system but it’s still a question of price!
    Lostboy what are the main problem for the Mohawk?
    Cheers

Was on a Mohawk recently that had 6 hrs. downtime in 14 months…. Who says they don’t work???? Maybe the guys that have a hard time with manuals (in English)!!!!!…..

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Okay , In a nut shell ……………………………………..
    I’m biased towards Seaeye as they are less complicated vehicles to work on as far as I’m concerned 8) BUT out of all the Seaeye vehicles I think of the Falcon the least but I have used them.
    I have never used the Mowhawk but heard many sad stories involving them , so , Scotts job to me was quite an exception 😯
    The Falcon is slighly bigger but weighs three times less 😯 This means it is easier to pick up ! The Mohawk is heavy meaning it’s a pain on deck plus more compact meaning more "Brick" than "milkcrate" = No flow rate through the vehicle with side on current so the ROV is Poo with cross currents 😯 It also means having to dismantle half the sub in order to service it properly.
    What you are wanting this for deems the vehicle to have a TMS no matter.
    I have heard that the Sub Atlantic TMS is alot less complicated and more robust with more Stainless steel involved. This means it is alot heavier but less Maintenance and more work time.
    So , If you can incorporate the Seaeye Falcon with a Sub Atlantic TMS , you have a moderatly cheap ROV . 😀

Andy Shiers
    Participant

By the way ……………………………. 8)
    The reasons for having a TMS on a platform job far outway not having one 8)
    But you already know this if one is experienced in the ROV Industry,
    If you don’t…………………………. You have to join the club to find out 😀

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Was on a Mohawk recently that had 6 hrs. downtime in 14 months…. Who says they don’t work???? Maybe the guys that have a hard time with manuals (in English)!!!!!…..

You was not doing platform inspection with it Scott 😀

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

You was not doing platform inspection with it Scott 😀

Super Mohawk can dude – any of those platforms (incl. spaghetti junction) with lateral currents up to and including 1.8 kts. – tho’ I’d get more grey hairs if some newer lads were doing it…!!!! 😕

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Aaaaah , Now we are going bigger 8)
    If you are going bigger then I still say the Tiger is far more flexible /robust powerful than the Sub Atlantic vehicles for inspection but we are diversifying 🙂
    He did say Falcon or Mohawk not Super Mohawk.
    The super Mohawk is 1400 mm long , 900mm wide and 850 mm high
    It also weighs 395 Kg ( Basic ) Try getting that over the rails 😯
    The Falcon is alot more symplistic.
    1000 mm long , 600 mm wide and 500 mm high
    It also weighs 55 Kg ( Basic ) Even Chandra could lift that with one finger 😀

Martin Wareham
    Participant

You could also look at the new Mojave ROV from Sub-Atlantic 😉

Andy Shiers
    Participant

😕
    Sorry Missed that one 😯
    I know they have a Navajo But not heard a Mojave 😀
    Again moving away from the question !
    Regarding Navajo to Tiger ,
    The Tiger beats hands down in power and lift capabilities 8)
    Navajo , L 1025 mm Width 628 mm and 411 mm High.
    Payload – 10 KG restricted due to Racing style but not easy to clag things on. Fwd power 55 kgf ( Hmm 😕 Doubtful ) and 18 Kgf lateral thrust ( Just when you need that extra Hmmpf due to side current , You’re buggered 😯 )
    Tiger Payload 32 Kg’s Fwd thrust 62 kgf and 43 kgf lateral thrust 8)
    So ………………Flying around a structure during currents ,
    Using small vehicles over all ………………… Tiger.
    But that was not the question , was it 🙂
    Falcon or Mohawk 🙂
    Falcon 😀

Martin Wareham
    Participant

Mojave is a new "Open Frame Navajo" type of ROV with the subCAN control system (currently used in Comanche and Mohican ROVs) providing increased diagnostics, sensor interface capability etc.

Most of the sub-components (apart from the subCAN control system) are from the Navajo ROV (currently at number 56) and it’s due out in the next few months.

BTW I work for SA, if you need any more information submariner my e-mail is martin.wareham@sub-atlantic.co.uk

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Guys,

I find that both companies produce good, reliable vehicles. each class or sub-class of vehicle has it’s purpose and both similar vehicle would compete evenly in any given (realistic!!!) task put to it…

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Okay , again I’m biased and maybe it would be better to get more info from someone who has worked with both vehicles and is not employed by a ROV manufacturer.
    But the question was not …………………………. What vehicle would be suitable and price of any ROV 🙂
    It was , Falcon or Mohawk advice which one ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar