Home Forums General General Board AMOU Delivers Permanent Employment for ROV Operators

AMOU Delivers Permanent Employment for ROV Operators

Home Forums General General Board AMOU Delivers Permanent Employment for ROV Operators

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    deepseacon
    Participant

AMOU Delivers Permanent Employment for ROV Operators
    In an Australian first, the AMOU has signed a greenfields agreement with Fugro TMS to provide permanent employment for our ROV members. Under this historic deal, ROV operators will be employed for 180 days of duty per annum, in the case of the ROV Superintendent the starting salary will be $253,260 per annum with a "minimum" 5% annual wage increases. ROV operators will also receive an increase in superannuation contributions over the life of the Agreement taking the employer superannuation contribution from 9% to 12% by 2015.

The AMOU has also signed a greenfields agreement with Fugro TMS for our ROV members engaged on a casual basis. Essentially the same deal as the permanent ROV’s with the starting day rate for an ROV Superintendent at $1758.75.

A copy of the ROV Agreements can be found in the ‘Members’ section under ‘Find Your Enterprise Agreement’ – ‘ROV Enterprise Agreements’

http://www.amou.com.au/news/amou-delivers-permanent-employment-for-rov-operators.aspx

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Cheers for the input.

Good to see our antipodean friends settling into longer term improvements on ROV pay and conditions. Good luck to you lot on that front :tup:

By way of direct contrast…None of that seems to be too important to UK ROV personnel judging by past debates on this website.

I guess our UK based personnel see Oz rates and conditions as too much to handle and are more content to allow the operators to dictate variable rates from year to year in this part of the world. Lets face it, in the UK sector, who would want an agreed salary scheme with minimum annual increases in pay and improvements in conditions?
    I know the UK divers do. Oz divers do. Oz ROV do… but clearly none of that namby pamby stuff is suitable for UK ROV types.

Rant over….

T-Boy
    Participant

Thanks for sharing that article.

I guess our UK based personnel see Oz rates and conditions as too much to handle and are more content to allow the operators to dictate variable rates from year to year in this part of the world. Lets face it, in the UK sector, who would want an agreed salary scheme with minimum annual increases in pay and improvements in conditions?
    I know the UK divers do. Oz divers do. Oz ROV do… but clearly none of that namby pamby stuff is suitable for UK ROV types.

Which begs the question…what is missing ?
    What is it that does not unite the UK ROV types?

There has been plenty of talk of associations, unions, et-al. From what I see, some people have great intentions, but it appears that getting everybody to sing form the same hymn sheet is nigh on impossible.

Eventually the UK will follow suit, I’m sure, but it needs to grow some real big brass ones before it can move forward?

Anonymous

In an Australian first, the AMOU has signed a greenfields agreement with Fugro TMS to provide permanent employment for our ROV members. Under this historic deal, ROV operators will be employed for 180 days of duty per annum

….only 25 years behind UK based companies. Staff positions have been available for as long as I can remember with quite a few ROV companies.

Northseahero
    Participant

Yeah right mate, and UK companies are only 25 Years behind the Australian Rates, and going backwards!

Anonymous

Yeah right mate, and UK companies are only 25 Years behind the Australian Rates, and going backwards!

My Brazilian colleagues say the same for UK rates, thinking they will never catch up. There has always been different rates around the world, and always will be.

Some folks believe that everyone should be on Aussie rates regardless of were they work or live…. Everyone wants Aussie rates, but not the Aussie Tax of course.

KeyserSoze
    Participant

Personally I wouldn’t mind paying Aussie tax if I was on Aussie rates 😆

deepseacon
    Participant

Had some info passed to me recently for Equipment Technician for lay Systems the rate was $1,800AUSD!!!!.

Even at 45% tax average still a good rate.

time to try again and get a 457 Visa.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar