Home Forums General General Board Back to back project managers?

Back to back project managers?

Home Forums General General Board Back to back project managers?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JB2
    Participant

I’ve noticed a few vacancys’ for various shore based posts(most recent Ben Burns) and wonder why you dont try and put these jobs together as a back to back in country position instead.
    For example bump up the salery and get 2 guys to share a position.
    Most people don’t want to relocate and will not give up thier time off at home either but e.g. 6 on 6 off far east, you get 12 hours a day + weekends + on call with each guy doing their hardest per hitch hopefully with no burn out!!
    With this way any company would have skip fulls of applications from greater experienced people. As we handover the far more complicated part of the project to our other halves with some A4’s and a hand shake in the lounge anyway, why would this not be a problem?

So is this not the better way to go for beach jobs?
    What do you think?
    Looked after by 2 guys who know what you need and how to get you sorted?
    Or some local with IT skills and a brother who has a guest house, no heaven forbid a one year PT 1 with no family or debts and an inabillity to keep friends!!

T-Boy
    Participant

JB2,

You are right, but your reasoning is far too logical for a company to take on board 😆

If relocation was not compulsory I would have taken some interest, but Blighty is ‘ome for me.

Do shore based people have any friends? Might be ideal for a couple of PT’s 😉

Ray Shields
    Participant

I did this onshore for a couple of years down in Egypt, month on month off with another guy.

It worked fine (especially I had been month on month on for the first wee while till we found someone to go back to back with!)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar