Home Forums General General Board Basic offshore training required? OPITO, OLF?

Basic offshore training required? OPITO, OLF?

Home Forums General General Board Basic offshore training required? OPITO, OLF?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jetfin
    Participant

Hi,

I am a pilot trainee with a small company having logged some some 150 hours on observation class vehicles such as the FALCON.

Offshore training requirements have been rather loose on the jobs i have had so far and i have managed to get by without any OPITO or similar training…

I am now looking at taking a short trip to Scotland to get OPITO certified but have a question for you more experienced people:

Is the basic BOSIET enough for most requirements or should i spend the extra day and get FOET as well?

For a few extra days training I could also get additional OLF and NOGEPA -is this worth the extra time/money?

Would greatly appreciate any insight here!

Rob Pattenden
    Participant

Having OLF makes trainees/Tech 2s alot more attractive to clients. Bit more money but I think it’s definitely worth it .

Are you looking for some work at the mo? If so can you send me your CV?

Cheers
    Rob
    rob@subservpro.com

luckyjim37
    Participant

Check out the prices in the UK as well Fleetwood in Blackpool seem to be the cheapest I could find as it is a College and not a business you save money.

pizzadude
    Participant

go to asia you can fly down and have a weeks holiday and get your course for the same price as the uk versions and they are fully approved courses

http://www.msts-my.org

luckyjim37
    Participant

I might run that idea past the wife when mine is due for renewal. I have a feeling what the answer might be.

Ray Shields
    Participant

I might run that idea past the wife when mine is due for renewal. I have a feeling what the answer might be.

Knowing your missus if you did I would only buy a one way ticket! 😀 😯 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar