Home Forums General General Board Boulder removal

Boulder removal

Home Forums General General Board Boulder removal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bill Bulloch
    Participant

HI All,
    Does anyone know of a decent, easy to use, ROV friendly, vessel crane deploy-able boulder grab?
    We are looking for something simple, maybe a 3-fingered grab that can be maneuvered into place over boulders up to approx. 2m in diameter and use it to move approx. 10m. off a cable route. Possibly as a rental unit.
    Thanks in advance. Stay safe!

Buschy
    Participant

Hey Mate! CTC have one at TOB complete with HPU. Surface operated.
    ROV friendly if you keep your distance!
    Has been rented out in the past. you probably know who to contact otherwise drop me a line. Catch ya.

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

If the diameter of the boulders is up to 2m you need big grab.

Have a look at the ScanGrabber: http://scanmudring.no/article/scangrabber/scangrabber

Mike Dickinson
    Participant

Just have a word with your local scrap dealer they use these 3-4 finger grabbers all the time. route the hydraulics via a pilot operated check valve so the grab stays open/closed and operate from a hot stab from the rov. Just use a bit buoyancy on the hoses and they stay clear of the grab.

Jamie Cunliffe
    Participant

I have several subsea object removal grabs, fitted with cameras lights and transponders, they are deep sealed and can operate down to 200m. If you need any more info see my website Promarineservices.com. There are pictures and descriptions. if you require any other details please e mail me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar