Home Forums General General Board Bristows check in, Aberdeen

Bristows check in, Aberdeen

Home Forums General General Board Bristows check in, Aberdeen

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ray Shields
    Participant

Can someone confirm the exact location of the Bristows check in in Aberdeen?

Is it as you approach the airport, down past the filling station on the corner at the roundabouyt just before the airport itself, off to the left at that roundabout and about 500 yards along on the right?

Do you also know if they can issue Vantage cards there?

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Bristows
    Forties Rd, Dyce, Aberdeen,
    Aberdeenshire, AB21 0NT,
    United Kingdom

Tel: +44 1224 723151

Go to: Google Maps results for Bristows

Once there add: ‘Bristows’ to the search box and it will place a pin in the exact location.

Not sure about Vantage cards. Maybe give them a call?

Ray Shields
    Participant

Ta, yeah its the same place I was thinking of. I was told to get a taxi from the airport terminal to it :L I think a taxi would kill me if I asked for a fare that short!

I have my number from watching the offshore induction course, thats all I need, would be easier to get a Vantage, I’ll turn up 30 mins before in case they do them, if no no worries.

First time heading out on a Bristows helicoper in the North Sea; first time to be working on a rig in the North Sea; the woman in the office was gobsmacked. Thats what happens when you just live in a wee Drill Support world and dont realise there’s a lot more work elsewhere out there 😀

Oh also, is there a weight limit per bag and or per person? I think I heard 12kg per bag. I will have 3 bags (workgear, normal bag and laptop). No-ones told me officially as they assume "everyone knows". Wonder what else they will have forgotten to tell me!

James McLauchlan
    Participant

I generally jump on/off boats at the quayside these days. I’ll be up in Abz end of this month.

You’d be lucky to get away with two bags max. There is also a weight limit per bag but I can’t remember what it is. If one bag is over they will ask you to take stuff out until it’s within guidelines. Depending on your total, you may have to leave stuff behind in a poly bag and get the office to collect it.

I’d ask your office or call them Ray and see what the latest deal is (the goalposts move often)… unless someone on here, having flown with them recently, pops up and fills in the gaps.

I’ll say one thing their website is next to useless for this kind of information. Pretty slack really for this day and age.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Yeah, just done that. I remember one time in Norway the limit was 10kg per bag, all because of maunal handling regs. You had to put stuff in another poly bag. When they guy came to pick uo the bags he picked them all up in one go anyway!

They also sometimes forget you aint a regular and leave all your gear out on the rig so dont need to take much stuff with you. If you take enough stuff for 4-6 weeks plus a laptop plus your workgear, its a fair bit of stuff.

Savante
    Participant

last time I changed companies and left my vantage card (which apparently didn’t need to do !).

They printed another one off at the reception- but that was in Feb last year! Just give the girl a big ole’ smile!

Ray Shields
    Participant

Yes, got my Vantage card printed at Bristows. Dunno where they got the info from, must have been from years and years ago as the address was over 9 years out of date.

The limit is 12kg per bag, 2-3 bags allowed. However, as the chopper had a lot of service hands, we had to leave some bags behind till Sunday as there were too many for the chopper.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar