Home Forums General General Board Can anyone shed any light on this?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Home Forums General General Board Can anyone shed any light on this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Terry Simons
    Participant

One hell of a sales pitch Omega are the recruiters…any thoughts?

You’ve never done anything like this before.
    We know you haven’t, because neither has anyone else.

This is your chance to be in at the beginning of a revolution in the Oil & Gas industry. We know you already have strong ROV skills and are fully conversant with Control Mechanisms being used today. You have multiple flying hours under your belt, and have operated under lots of different conditions and on some pretty complex pieces of equipment. Technically, you have knowledge above and beyond most of your peers. As far as ROV’s go, you can pretty much fly anything anywhere, and you think you’re pretty good.

Let’s find out how good. Omega resources have been retained to find the best people in the market today. Our client is three years into the design and build of a brand new generation of Subsea Well Intervention equipment. Once fully functional, working with this unique piece of kit will be the equivalent of flying nine ROV’s at once. Yes, nine. At depths and in conditions which are far beyond anything being done today.

This is an opportunity to be a key team member in the development and build of this system. We need your skills and knowledge, we need your input and your opinion, and we need you to be able to feed everything back to a team of engineers who will alter designs based on what you say. This is a long-term career move which will see you working in a very technically challenging environment, initially onshore, then gradually progressing to more offshore work as land based testing comes to an end.

It goes without saying that the potential long term career opportunities which will result from being a pivotal member of the team and helping in its growth and development will be huge. This is more than just a job; this really is a chance to do something.

Anonymous

Hi
    Nope, i dont want to fly 9 ROVs @ once, 1 is enough for me. ❗

Savante
    Participant

9 vehicles at once? Presumably 9 pilot simultaneously.

I imagine the bridging documents would be capable of major destruction and clunk-age if you threw them down a stairwell. 😆 I was on a jacket inspection last year with 3 rovs operating simultaneously – was fine, but the risk involved if one of them goes down/tms bailing drops out….

I’ve heard of something like this last year – it was with tetherless vehicles being operated in an acoustic /laser modem linked environment – confined to a limited area- i.e prob around a wellhead. The vehicles perform their work and then return to a re-charge point when required. Transmission from all points was intended for relay to a surface buoy and then wifi’d to the vessel. I heard something about this for tourists also for the Titanic through the internet.

Alternatively there is a vessel (whose name escapes me at the moment) that can launch up to 4 tritons. Very expensive, but compared to the cost of a semi-sub at 250k/day? Maybe a sister ship is in the offing and no one has heard?

I understand that modern medicine has shown that most of us only use 10% of our brain. Maybe there’s room for more vehicles/??? 🙄

Savante
    Participant

maybe its a tool that is suspended above the template and it can operate/clean/repair all the xmas tree s simultaneously?

i.e not actually 9 rovs but something with as many buttons?

Pierre COLIN
    Participant

May be a new rov race 😀 :D.

compdup
    Participant

Sounds like that job advert was composed by a laptop toting, autocad obsessed supervisor while the lads were out grafting trying to fix the sub…what does anyone else think?

compdup

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Sounds like that job advert was composed by a laptop toting, autocad obsessed supervisor while the lads were out grafting trying to fix the sub…what does anyone else think?

compdup

It really sounds like you had some major issues with that particular supervisor. 🙄

star
    Participant

hey only nine.. i can fly any amount and fix them and supervise , oh no.. that just the americans is it not!! 😆

effinreps
    Participant

The position is with EXPRO, to aid in the design/development of a new fangled well intervention tool.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

The position is with EXPRO, to aid in the design/development of a new fangled well intervention tool.

Reading between the lines, it sounds more like a work package with all the bells and whistles. Speaking of which, whatever happened to the old Perry work packages (circa 1988 – 9) ballast, glycol, multi-TQ tool (lovely conical type)?? 💡

Savante
    Participant

effin,you speak to thomas too then? I thought it sounds interesting-possibly a good career move !

effinreps
    Participant

Savante, yes spoke to him the other day, and yes it does sound interesting.

Top tip, if you decide to submit a CV do not mention any sidelines outside of your offshore employment (if you have any). In my CV it mentions the fact that I am a sleeping partner in a company.

They decided ‘not to pursue my application as they had concerns over my commitment to the project’.

Or maybe they just thought I was crap 🙁

Savante
    Participant

aww, bugger it. Well I may have the same problem-dunno. I may just be shite though – they wanted to see signs of commitment to work. Short of 7 years at uni, my cv looks like a bombshell -fragments of contracts here and there for the last 2 years as a day-rating filth-bag. 😯

polo
    Participant

Shi’ite,,,
    someones been watching the MATRIX trilogy too long, you know its bad enough to look after 2 or three vehicles on one spread ,let alone nine- and think of the crew,total of @27 needed , probably 5 real techs and numerous trainees, had this with Oceaneering when they attempted to employ non english speaking crews with one ex-pat superisor/ pilot/et /mt and general nanny for a bunch of retards, plus doing the paper work.

Savante
    Participant

it’s a new type of tool that will be as complex as 9 rovs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar