Home Forums General General Board CHINA WORK UPDATE

CHINA WORK UPDATE

Home Forums General General Board CHINA WORK UPDATE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    pizzadude
    Participant

Just to keep everyone in the picture, COOEC have not yet issued the contract. The list given by Compass is a list that was issued by COOEC to all bidders on the contract, Clearly some companies bidding already have a list of people and clearly some companies do not have a list of people, and are trying to gather a list.

Gyrohead
    Participant

Also to add to this topic, although they are looking for up to 40 guys, COOEC does not have enough work for each system to keep the 40 guys working through the year. There will be busy times, but there will also be times where some systems will be onshore and therefore no expat needed.

Would be nice to know what rate Compass and for that matter the other guys that are tendering will be paying. With 40 guys all with Chinese visas and not all busy will mean an over supply soon and therefore rates will be low.

boroman
    Participant

Never heard so much crap on this subject if you don’t know anything about it keep stump.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Never heard so much crap on this subject if you don’t know anything about it keep stump.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and therefore do not need to ‘keep stump‘ as you put it.

If you have any useful information to impart then please add it.

boroman
    Participant

since when have you been the ROV police ? lol

like I said if you don’t know keep stump my oppinion, and yes I do have rates etc that’s why it hasnt been awarded.

Mark
    Participant

Please smoggyboy, why don’t you grace us with your vast knowledge of said contract? Perhaps just a little taster to whet our appetites and tell us who has bid for it? or are you going to "keep stump"….. I don’t quite understand why you said it hasn’t been awarded because YOU have the rates! you must be Big Boss Dragon in CNOOC. What people have said in this thread is correct so if you have got some input please share rather than brandish your "little man with attitude" persona. Also if you stand-by your advice "if you don’t know anything about it…" I suggest you give up English and use a language you’re semi proficient in.

boroman
    Participant

Denzo

Give your head a shake.

Heard there is at least 5 outfits bidding.
    Rates are too high at moment though, and even then less for the minnions who will be doing the work.

good luck to you all

Mark
    Participant

Smoggy Boy, pray tell why I would want to give my head a shake? Sorry I’m going to bite as I cannot "keep stump". My point being is you made a post which basically said the previous posters knew not what they were posting about and should "keep stump", yourself giving the impression you had "hot of the galley range" insider info. I replied by saying that yes, what they said was more or less correct and if you had anything to add not to "keep stump" and share. The info you see fit to bestow upon us is pretty third rate and nothing new. In your shoes, with that info, I would have kept "stump". I do declare you’re probably a patron of Bernie’s Bar in Singers? I’ve said my piece and will now keep a dignified "stump".

Kalbo
    Participant

Also to add to this topic, although they are looking for up to 40 guys, COOEC does not have enough work for each system to keep the 40 guys working through the year. There will be busy times, but there will also be times where some systems will be onshore and therefore no expat needed.

Would be nice to know what rate Compass and for that matter the other guys that are tendering will be paying. With 40 guys all with Chinese visas and not all busy will mean an over supply soon and therefore rates will be low.

Compass are offering a 750-800 US dayrate. What were you guys getting again lASt year Mr Gyrohead?

James McLauchlan
    Participant

since when have you been the ROV police ? lol

like I said if you don’t know keep stump my oppinion, and yes I do have rates etc that’s why it hasnt been awarded.

Let me get this right.

Because you have the rates, then that’s the reason the contract hasn’t been awarded?

That’s not how contract awards go.

Gyrohead
    Participant

We were getting 800 USD/day last year.

Still peanuts for what you have to to deal with. Hopefully now that Canyon guys have sorted out the non workin toilet in either cabin 212 or 211 and stopped the smoking inside the accommodation, it still doesn`t make the job any easier. You still have have the 5 set meal, which gets repeated over and over.

Parts are not ordered as it is mostly deemed not needed, no reporting structure for the expats. Read a so called maintenace log onboard which included weather conditions and what ROV was doing in the past, instead of what faults were experienced or dealt with.

Boroman, you might have the answers to rates and so forth, but take it you were never there, as ther has been a plenty topics about China and this is your first response.

effinreps
    Participant

Hmmmm Compass, US or UK? I worked thro US 2 or 3 years ago and was quite happy on $700ish untill I found out the client was paying over $1000.
    Robbing T***S

There’s taking a fair cut, which I dont mind. And there’s taking the p**s

COMPlete ASSes

senior
    Participant

Rashmy…….

Get the spam oot ae here.

Senior 🙄 🙄

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Hmmmm Compass, US or UK? I worked thro US 2 or 3 years ago and was quite happy on $700ish untill I found out the client was paying over $1000.
    Robbing T***S

There’s taking a fair cut, which I dont mind. And there’s taking the p**s

COMPlete ASSes

And this is the first time you heard of this??? Every ROV company and agency does this!!! And the cut is 25 – 35%. Wake up and smell the coffee!

chen
    Participant

Latest news I have is that COOEC have been advised by big brother CNOOC that they have made a mess of the tendering process and that CNOOC will re-do it themselves. CNOOC traditionally give suppliers very litle time to prepare tenders (they expect that the suppliers are always standingby waiting to tender to them). Everyone who has tendered better be prepared to clone thier bid and re-issue and this time there will be no big money to be made by the agencies. Because of the Tax to be paid CNOOC / COOEC must be advised exactly how much each guy receives and CNOOC / COOEC will only allow a 15% profit after Chinese personal income tax is paid.
    COOEC are making ends meet onboard the HYSY 709 right now by using Canyon on the back of a contract with Clough but how this will cover the other vessels is anyones guess.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar