Home Forums General General Board Chinese vessel 709 with Quatum

Chinese vessel 709 with Quatum

Home Forums General General Board Chinese vessel 709 with Quatum

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Mike Hamilton
    Participant

Any feed back from guys who have worked on this as I am due on there for a couple of weeks

Sit Rep
    Participant

Warning!

Do NOT eat anything onboard unless you want extremely rapid weight loss, seriously. The food hygiene standards are appalling.

We used to take our own food it was that bad.

Gyrohead
    Participant

Spent most of last year on her. Food not that bad. Although western style menu repetitive. Believe me the food is the last thing you need to worry about. Hope you not goiny out there for less than £400/day.

will
    Participant

Hopefully the cheese toastie machine is still there, failing that I think i left some tins of tuna in the fridge, although fridge will definately need a clean

tywrap
    Participant

Make sure your not on nights. Night cook (was the cleaner) sometimes refuses to cook midnight meals and what he does is barely edible. Be prepared for smoking everywhere ,stinking bedding, ac turned on and off at the locals whim, and zero safety policy.

ROV_HAND
    Participant

Who is the ROV company operating on this vessel ?

andyrose
    Participant

Heard a buzz that Canyon (Helix) got the manning contract for the ROVs – not sure if that is correct.

Dave Vaughan
    Participant

Twas Clough and all the crew have just walked off!! 😯

Gyrohead
    Participant

Clough didn’t get the contract. Heard that COOEC just used the ROV crew from the Normand Clough to fill the posts, while the sat system is being installed on the Normand Clough. Can’t see why anyone will want to walk off the lovely 709.

tywrap
    Participant

Heard the same that Clough was supplying the crew but they have all walked off. more chickens feet anyone?

pizzadude
    Participant

The contract is not yet awarded. the clough vessel was in port having a diving spread put on, so there was nothing to do for the ROV guys, so COOEC borrowed them for the 709, which as you can understand made them somewhat unhappy. 2 star ships are fine, but not when you’ve been sitting on a 5 star all the time and it ain’t your job anyway.

digitellus
    Participant

Is the 709 the ex Northern Explorer then later Seaway Explorer? Big old rusty Heerema tug with an A frame?

Gyrohead
    Participant

No, it is a new ship. Built in 2005. So still amazed why the guys walked. Could it be that it was their crew change.

Mike Hamilton
    Participant

Hi guys thanks to all replies, and yes the crew walked to alternative accomodation until some changes were made. Pretty much all the items on the above thread Smoking was stopped inside, food was good enough and safety levels raised. hygiene levels addressed & toilet system working (for the moment) Cooks helpful and vessel back out working.
    Yes Canyon crewing until Normand Clough ready. Quantum 14 near new and belongs to COOEC. Local crew keen.

Anonymous

Yes Canyon crewing until Normand Clough ready.

Any ideas when that will be? I hear OMSA were pushing hard for the 709 and seemed pretty confident

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar