Home Forums General General Board Company taking on trainees

Company taking on trainees

Home Forums General General Board Company taking on trainees

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    steve walsh
    Participant

The 2-yr course gives you one year of general technology and then you go into the ROV courses. This first two terms include chemistry, physics, math a course in electromehanical and another in hydraulics. I don’t know how beneficial the first year would be. Marine Institute is a part of Memorial University.

shaner
    Participant

kwinnw,
    Have you made a list of possible employers? Contact these organizations and ask about their pre-hire requirements, this will save you time and money. I’m not agaisnt ROV schools, in fact I’m putting together a ROV Training Vessel equipped w/work-class system, but it is possible (in the states) to land a job with just electronic/hydraulic background, local college can provide accredited document.
    If you must attend a ROV school, look for one that will promote hands-on troubleshooting skills and assist in job placement; companies hire techs and train them to be pilots, not the otheway around.
    Most companies will invest in the advanced training of their perosnel, and hire someone like me, whereas I bring everyone back to basics…input/output.

steve walsh
    Participant

I’ve sent CVs to most of ther large players. Eg. Fugro, Oceaneering , etc. and several agencies. I would much rather have someone else pay for my training than be out of pocket, especially considering I will still be in the same situation no matter which way I go. No luck so far. I guess most companies are looking specifically for techs, even as trainees.

steve walsh
    Participant

Also, the companies that I have e-mailed about hiring requirement have not gotten back to me, with the exception of Oceaneering in Norway. I was told that they run their own school in Norway but you have to be permitted to work in Norway and speak Norwegian. I miss on both counts.

deepend
    Participant

Try Sonsub Singapore,

They will take on anyone who stands at a bus stop never mind a 2 year rov course. 😈
    If in doubt give it gas.

ROVRatt
    Participant

Kwinnw

Oceaneering also have training schools in Aberdeen Scotland, Batam Indonesia, Singapore and Morgan City USA.

Preid
    Participant

Try Sonsub Singapore,

They will take on anyone who stands at a bus stop never mind a 2 year rov course. 😈
    If in doubt give it gas.

I wish it was true!

mudflap276
    Participant

Oceaneering hired a guy who installs swimming pools.

steve walsh
    Participant

Which division of Oceaneering would that be?

Preid
    Participant

What about ex fisherman?

ROVRatt
    Participant

Mudflap276 wrote:

Oceaneering hired a guy who installs swimming pools.

Nothing wrong with that if he’s installing swimming pools for them like those they test ROV’s in.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar