Home Forums General General Board Companys with shite vessels

Companys with shite vessels

Home Forums General General Board Companys with shite vessels

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    piedpiper
    Participant

I would like to nominate technip as having some of the worst vessels from a major player. Just look at the following:-

CSO Orelia: shaped like a skip, no portholes, prison style toilets and showers, with the added bonus of having the accomodation under the main deck. Also has self collapsing cranes and a floodable "bridge" Class.

CSO Constructor: A relic from a bygone age. A few years ago it was "stretched" and the oar holes were welded up, it should have been scuttled. 4 man cabins are the norm on this baby. Back protection should be worn onboard.

Deep Pioneer: Another relic, with the added bonus of a "council estate" accomodation block put outside. Great fun for those winter nights. Bulwarks so high you can go for days without seeing daylight.

Any nominations from S club or acergy ?

piedpiper

Andy Shiers
    Participant

How about The Khattaf ( ex British Argile ) or the MV Ravello 😀

Savante
    Participant

Stril surveyor – the ship that one world war and a cod war couldn’t dispose of. She’s been converted from minesweeper to fishing vessel to DP 0.5 class ROVSV. I was on her last year – frigging thing pulls run offs of around 60m and a rotation of over 20 degrees-and that’s in "follow sub".

All they eat on board was scrambled egg and salmon. Also she lists something aweful in flat calm when you put a ROV shack starboard and mid-ships. She’d have been a bit more stable I reckon if we’d have holed her at the stern.

Now I’m sure the matresses onboard were from 1980. I slept on the couch.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

The good ship Bon Entente
    Black and mustard shipping colours………………..In reality……………..
    RUST 😆

Savante
    Participant

Go grab one of the ROV UT- gauges – run down to the bottom deck an put it against the bulkhead – what thickness is the plate??!? Do you even get a return from all the oxidisation?!?!

One good thing about the recent upsurge in ROVSV/DSV/PSV construction is surely that the quality of vessel stock is going up up up and this old stuff’ll get scuttled !

rovnumpty
    Participant

Gentlemen, gentlemen…..

Your posts are wasted.

Saipem wins hands down on the crap vessel front.

Thats where I first encountered the Ravello.

They have a policy of buying nothing, unless it’s about to be scrapped.

The DBA, despite various refits, is a floating rust pile with four man cabins (for us ROV types) that are about 20 years old. And the place smells of sh*te all the time.

The sentinel, which spent more time tied up being repaired than working. which was the only thing it had going for it.

The S7000. Known as the ‘death star’. get off it with all your body parts intact and you can consider yourself one of the luckiest people in the world.

enough said

Bacaruda
    Participant
    Savante
    Participant

Perhaps no where near as bad as that actually cos by the sounds of it, but what about "the teabag" in the North Sea. I cant even bring myself to name her!

wonderboy
    Participant

I would like to nominate technip as having some of the worst vessels from a major player. Just look at the following:-

CSO Orelia: shaped like a skip, no portholes, prison style toilets and showers, with the added bonus of having the accomodation under the main deck. Also has self collapsing cranes and a floodable "bridge" Class.

piedpiper

I have heard that the orelia is being given a 10 year life extension. More like it should have been scrapped 10 yrs ago.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

I heared that the Mayo has also gone down hill since the Eygptians got hold of it 🙁 Big shame as it was a good solid workhorse when Subsea had it 😕
    Big Big shame 🙁

David
    Participant

My favorite was an Indian Tug I was unfortunate enough to spend some time on around Dubai. The galley was a special treat. The atmosphere in the galley was like Venus. The stove top was held to the wall with wire and behind it was all sorts of filth and left over ghee (Indian oil). The galley was completely splattered with stains and bits of food. The cook would never leave you alone and always wanted to talk loudly and in barely understandable English about just about everything. Also when he fried on the stove he wore protective glasses to keep the oil out of his eyes. Glasses like you wear on deck. The best part was there was a little landing pad for all the flies where you could barely make out the faded words "keep the kitchen clean"

Tak_Tahu_Lah
    Participant

Gentlemen, gentlemen…..

Your posts are wasted.

Saipem wins hands down on the crap vessel front.

Thats where I first encountered the Ravello.

They have a policy of buying nothing, unless it’s about to be scrapped.

The DBA, despite various refits, is a floating rust pile with four man cabins (for us ROV types) that are about 20 years old. And the place smells of sh*te all the time.

The sentinel, which spent more time tied up being repaired than working. which was the only thing it had going for it.

The S7000. Known as the ‘death star’. get off it with all your body parts intact and you can consider yourself one of the luckiest people in the world.

enough said

It’s not just the accomodation that makes many Saipem vessels shite.. It’s the ‘institutional attitude’ that the management tries to instill on everybody.. you are not here to enjoy yourself’ Seperate meal times, seperate meal areas and diferent food for the Capt. Supt and the higher ups S7000 even has a guy in a ‘monkey suit’ to serve the ‘wheels’ their food in an area screened from the rest of the galley by plastic palms…Then you have the locked galley policy.. If it ain’t mealtime you can’t get a feed.. Just arrived onboard after 10hr crew boat ride? want a cuppa and sarni? No chance, you gotta wait 3 hrs till dinner.. Hope you like pasta too.. 100 Asians onboard, half of former Eastern Europe and six 6 Italians ..Guess what you get to eat everyday? What! 😯 there is other food in the world apart from Italian? …no 🙄 .. Add this to nearly zero interst in safety, maintenance and crew wellbeing and Saipem have to be the worst for crew happiness and job satisfaction.. Try the C10, C8, C5,Pearl Marine and the FDS to know what shite catering and self important camp bosses can do to make a trip shite.. Oh did I mention the warm sardines and corn beef for breakfast?

Steve
    Participant

try the scab 6

Anonymous

Anyone been on the MV Harapan operated out of Brunei for Shell,
    by Covus,what a pile of shite that thing is.Food is garbage,unless you like
    dried fish and rice everyday.Flys buzzing around the galley,on the ketchup tops sipping away.Only one toilet available when on shift,no internet,no phone,shite cabins,had to share with the riggers.
    Then all around the ship are health and safety posters,what a joke.Hard
    to believe Shell Brunei would allow these conditions in their fields…

crusty
    Participant

Tug Wombi, pipeline survey Bass Straight, middle of winter
    spends most of its time tied up in Port Melbourne because noone will hire it
    Just fit a seaeye on it nicely
    is as ocean going as its harbour tug herritage would lead you to expect
    in rough seas waves breaking on forward screen, the forward cabins, 3rd class rov accomadation leak, woke up at 3am, water pouring (lots of water), from the light fitting over bunk, spent some time in fetal position on deck in flooded cabin steaming back to melbourne
    galley, best not mentioned, cook was cross they lied to him to get him to fly over for job

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar