Home Forums General General Board CS Fu An

CS Fu An

Home Forums General General Board CS Fu An

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Che
    Participant

Afternoon gents, I’m Joining CS Fu An as a Sub Eng on Wednesday. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this vessel..and what vehicle does she have onboard?

Best regards,

Che.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Afternoon gents, I’m Joining CS Fu An as a Sub Eng on Wednesday. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this vessel..and what vehicle does she have onboard?

Best regards,

Che.

Sorry, I haven’t worked on her but my best suggestion is that you bring plenty of vitamins and supplements – CN vessels aren’t known for their better cuisines.

Che
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up Scotbeve, I had an inkling that was going to be the case…..need to shed a few pounds anyway, lol

kerry howden
    Participant

Gee, going out on a job without even knowing what type of system you will be working on. Good luck.

T-Boy
    Participant

Guess if you were for working for free or earning a couple ‘o hundred bucks a day contract, then the type of vehicle you are going to be working on is purely academic 🙄

BTW, Take some laundry powder.
    I worked with SBSS in the late 90’s out there. CN is a great run ashore imo, however the living standards onboard vessels can be a bit grim.
    Generally cable ships are reasonably cushtie.

ROV wise I would guess a Perry ST / Sealion if its cable wurx.

Anonymous

Are’nt you clever Stickman, judging someone going out on a system he does not know.
    You obviously have not been in the industry long.

Che
    Participant

thanks for the feedback lads , i’m heading for Gwangju S Korea to join the ship, looking at the SBSS website it looks likely to be a Sealion or a ST200 so no problems there as i’ve been" intimate "with both vehicles for many moons…..lol.

Agent is waiting on joining details to be forwarded from SBSS ….so i guess i’ll just hop on the plane and hope there is a gent wi a sign waiting for me in Gwangju!

Stickman, so long as Ive agreed my dayrate with the agent/client i’m happy, small details like the type of ROV are no problem!

Always seem to end up in Korea in the winter though….now where did i put them longjohns!!!!

Stay safe lads and stay busy.

K2
    Participant

Che

Good luck! Last guy I knew who went out on that vessel suffered some kind of infection and is still not clear two years on. Totally ignored and suffering big-time from the food he has never been back since. He spent three days trying to clean his cabin and gave up, apparently filthy was scratching the surface. Hard to believe you dive on a job when you have no idea of what sub is onboard? Last thing I’d want on my team is guys turning up who have never used the system before. As it happens the sub on the Fu An is a brand new SMD 3m trenching system, quite advanced compared to the aged Triton 200 you mention which incidentaly they have two of, one on the Fu Hai and one being rebuilt by Pharos as a crawler.

I don’t work for SBSS by the way, just common knowledge for anyone up on their game!

Anyways, safe trip and enjoy!

😉

K2
    Participant

Forgot to mention, the boat is on the Yokohama Zone contract so don’t have any ideass of getting ashore after joining, they’re pretty much at sea repairing cables except for the odd crew changes which are few and far as Chinese guys work until allowed home by their company.

😉

T-Boy
    Participant

so long as Ive agreed my dayrate with the agent/client i’m happy, small details like the type of ROV are no problem!

I can see why some of the ‘old skool’ folk must be writhing if this is the calibre of personnel that the industry is using 😉

John Smith
    Participant

Che,
    I do not wish to bring a downer on this topic however I did a job for SBSS last year and what a laugh. Do not forget your clown’s outfit and be ready to be amased like you have never seen before.

Good luck!

Che
    Participant

T-Boy ..erm not quite sure if yer having a dig with the " calibre of personnel" line in yer post…I have 12 years experience(does that make me old skool?) in the industry and have never had my workmanship questioned , I simply posed the question as at the time of my original post I had no details from agents….so i ask a question….wouldnt you? As it turns out, I believe the Fu An is the old Wave Mercury a ship I have sailed on many times..I had heard that since she was bought by SBSS she has become what might politely called Shabby!

Anyhow thats the third set of flight details in as many days – waiting on weather.

K2 many thanks for the constructive comments….thats what i needed, Cheers mate. 🙂

Anonymous

K2 and Tboy. What a couple of ladyboys you are.

In facy I realise that I am being unfair to Ladyboys as they have a tougher life to survive.

Are’nt you two a couple of tough guy clever dicks. Life offshore is a Vicars Teaparty compared to the 70 and 80’s. 120 offshore and 50 days in Sat was the norm.

Che, go and do it, take the experience.

K2, did you buy the system, I think not. I would not let you on one of my systems if that is your attitude. All for one and one for all, except you.

Longinthetooth.

K2
    Participant

Long In The Tooth

Don’t have time to pull up a bollard and listen to your aged dits. I’d probably fall asleep after a nanosecond 😆 Maybe you haven’t noticed that times are changing, technology offshore is getting better and better, conditions more comfortable. I’ve lived in containers on back decks but also had staterooms to live in, I know which I’d prefer.

Che, expect the sub to be broken on deck and you are the man to fix it coz no-one else will have much idea. Good luck, I see a great deal of unecessary downtime here while someone is busy learning the system!

😉

Anonymous

"pull up a bollard", you saucy devil K2.
    Is that what you young guns call it now.

See you in the Crazy Horse, Orchard Road, I’m at the end of the bar in the long black dress.

All the best
    Longinthetooth

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘CS Fu An’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar