Home Forums General General Board Cuban Drill Support-opinions solicited

Cuban Drill Support-opinions solicited

Home Forums General General Board Cuban Drill Support-opinions solicited

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sit Rep
    Participant

G’day Folk,

I’m wondering if anyone has any recent experience with ROV drill support ops in Cuba.

There seems to be a plethora of positions vacant for Cuba, all mentioning the same or similar ROV and something smells..

Have done a quick search but nothing definitive.

Is the rig the Scarabeo 9?

Is the high turnover due to Saipem’s usual high standards of living or other
    reasons?

Any (useful) replies gratefully accepted.

Cheers,

Sitrep

K2
    Participant

sitrep

There are two subs on the Scarabeo both SMD Quantums. One owned by Deeptech the other Modus. Rig is not the best and neither are the subs in terms of condition, especially the Modus one. So it’s not the usual jolly that drill supt often is. Add to that the poor day rates which will be liable for Uk tax then it’s no wonder that any decent ROVers are avoiding this job.

Take a trip and see, the job is on for quite some time, I did hear a couple of years but don’t quote me on it. Perhaps things will get better as time goes on but I doubt it.

K2

Sit Rep
    Participant

Thanks (K2) mate,

That’s the sort of info I’m after and it all helps.

Keep on ROVing!

Sitrep

K2
    Participant

No worries

Ref rates, Deeptech pay GBP100+ more than Modus so they’d be the better option if you can get onto their team. If you’re from Oz the tax rules may differ, not sure on that one.

Stay safe

😉

K2

JL Schnabel
    Participant

…well said sitrep69 ❗

I had been wondering about this myself
    😯

Surely enough of us are keen enough to head for Cuba and purchase cigars directly from this fine country; yet there are constant requests / requirements looking to crew the two subs (that was news… I’d assumed there was only the usual one system). It must be rather grim, if no one seems to be returning… errr
    😥

And thanks K2 for the heads.up as they say

😛

…and may I still add, that the Scarabeo 9 was built in China
    (nuff said!)
    😉

Todd Sparkes
    Participant

I turned down a supervisors slot based on the low rates. It is a long term job and maybe a good gig for anyone wanting to stay onshore awhile in Cuba.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar