Home Forums General General Board Deck Cadet seeking advice on DP

Deck Cadet seeking advice on DP

Home Forums General General Board Deck Cadet seeking advice on DP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Good evening folks, I have stumbled upon your forum and would like to ask for some advice 😀

Can I firstly apologise for bringing up a topic which some of you may feel is irrelevant but i would like to use your knowlegde of your industry. 😉

I am Deck cadet due to sit my orals this June and I am currently looking for companies to apply to for Officer of the Watch positions. I would like to work towards my Dynamic Positioning ticket and would like to know if anybody can recommend companies they may have worked for who do crewing for subsea construction, etc.

Thanks

Keith Jones
    Participant

you could try oilcareers.com

Pete Win
    Participant

google

Andy Shiers
    Participant

I suggest any shipping company ( North of Africa )
    Atleast that will give you an opening into DP not necessarily in the offshore.
    Good luck 🙂

James McLauchlan
    Participant

This website:

Dynamic Positioning News should give you some decent ideas on how to approach the DP industry.

In particular:

Getting Started in Dynamic Positioning

Al courtesy of using the google term: Agency Dynamic Positioning and sifting through the results.

Good luck :tup:

Benny Edelman
    Participant

To increase your chances, do the 4 days DP induction course and get the DP logbook, I’m not sure how many established companies will be ready to send a new 2nd officer to get the initial DP qualifications at their expense. They may pay for the simulators course once they get to know you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar