Home Forums General General Board FSSL wheels are falling off?

FSSL wheels are falling off?

Home Forums General General Board FSSL wheels are falling off?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    gareth martin
    Participant

Ray are you sure FSSL All field staff got an annual pay review 3 years ago and were rewarded a pay increase? As I can assure you that some haven’t had a pay increase in 5 years.

Yes, granted they were given a holiday pay as this would of simply be breaking the law would it was not awarded!

Personnel do understand the consoladated contract and are happy to work the 150 days, but 2 years later after the contracts were changed, field staff are completing the 150 days in 8 to 9 months! Are FSSL willing to leave them at home for the next 4 months??

If you are still a FSSL field staff, have you had any success in liasing with your mentor regarding in discrepencies?? I personally know alot of field staff have problems regarding to promotions, working conditions and other issues and nothing has ever been done.

Its time the office staff at FSSL valued the field staff!!

Ray Shields
    Participant

Ray are you sure FSSL All field staff got an annual pay review 3 years ago and were rewarded a pay increase? As I can assure you that some haven’t had a pay increase in 5 years.

Yes, granted they were given a holiday pay as this would of simply be breaking the law would it was not awarded!

Its time the office staff at FSSL valued the field staff!!

Firstly, they would NOT be breaking the law. The Unions won the right for holiday pay but the Employers took it to appeal and won. Many other ROV companies still do not pay their staff holiday pay, they say holidays are included in your salary. DOF I know started paying holiday pay, maybe this is why Fugro decided to as well?

I know at the the first rise after the contract harmonisation between Fugro and Rovtech, some personnel (a very small number) did not get a raise as they were already on higher money than others at their same level. This was because at harmonisation under TUPE regs you cannot reduce someones pay. You can however freeze their pay till others catch up. At the time, Rovtech personnel got a very extensive raise in their pay to bring them up to what Fugro personnel were on at the time.

Personnel do understand the consoladated contract and are happy to work the 150 days, but 2 years later after the contracts were changed, field staff are completing the 150 days in 8 to 9 months! Are FSSL willing to leave them at home for the next 4 months??

If you earn the same money working for 9 months or you earn the same money in 12 months, have you not earned the same money in that year?

And who says that once you have your 150 days you will not be offered work? All that was done was the minimum guarantee was reduced. If you work 150, 160, 170 days, you will still get paid for the days you work. NOT working 150 days is not a problem these days. The amount of Agency people we are having to use shows we have more work than staff, hence the advertising.

If you are still a FSSL field staff, have you had any success in liasing with your mentor regarding in discrepencies?? I personally know alot of field staff have problems regarding to promotions, working conditions and other issues and nothing has ever been done.

Why do you not know if I am Field Staff or not?

I have had no discrepancies to bring up with my Mentor.

As I said, I do not believe they are any better or worse than many of the other players out there. Even in the best companies, offshore people are never happy.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Ray.,…………… Pay ,leave and Logistics goes a long way to a loyal team offshore……You know the score 8)

Ray Shields
    Participant

I still think it’s a bit extreme to say "the wheels are falling off".

Just a few patches of rust!

gareth martin
    Participant

Is this a forum where you can express your opinions?
    The title is to do with the number of field staff leaving Ray. 6 field staff have lieft this month alone.
    As stated previously more maybe to follow after a small cost of living payrise isn’t as great as some expected, having not had a rise for a significant amount of years.

And there is a lot of unrest offshore because of the way they are treat by office staff.

I am surprised some haven’t commented on here.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar