Home Forums General General Board Future work trends.

Future work trends.

Home Forums General General Board Future work trends.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rovbob
    Participant

As I’m sat here letting my Turkey sandwich digest and the fog of my New Year hangover is finally clearing. I have been mulling over the way the work has fluctuated over the last few years, and wondering what direction it may take over the next few.
    2009/2010 saw the dreaded credit crunch which although saw work peter off slightly, I think the companies just used it as an excuse to cut day rates etc. Then came 2011 which has been a bit nuts for work (As the job lists sent out weekly by the various agencys show)
    Obviously there are loads of contributing factor which keep our industry busy, this coming year we have Iran and the Good ole boys in the straights of Hormuz, the deteriorating stability in Nigeria. Oil prices are rising, China/India are expanding developing and demanding more oil.
    The reason I’m bringing this up 🙂 Is that I have a five year plan and by 2017 I wanna be sat on a beach with a G&T, Will we be busy for the next five years ? Or replaced by $50 a day lads out of Singapore 😕 Or watching the ports fill up with Constuctions ships and systems getting mothballed 😯 , Or merrily cracking 190 days a year on a stonkin day rate buying villas somewhere hot n sunny 😉 Comments, opinions, insider info etc appreciated

deepseacon
    Participant

Ye your going to be replaced as you have no idea were the cheap labour is coming from.

rovbob
    Participant

Well there’s cheap labour coming from all over, Indo, Malaysia, brazil (those lads are getting better rates now though) I mentioned Singers only because I’ve heard that a certain Aberdeen based company is setting up a training school there. Thanks for the input though Deep 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar