Home Forums General General Board Geo Sub Sea

Geo Sub Sea

Home Forums General General Board Geo Sub Sea

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    me
    Participant

Hi Guys
    Any know how Geosubsea Asia is to work for??

ozsub
    Participant

Me,

They were or are pretty good, always paid ontime, subs are pretty old, well they have 2 tritons both in singapore getting work done to them but pretty good to work on, 1 scorpion in the philippines on a 3 year contract pretty regular work, sub is not too bad needs some word but getting a new frame and sub atlantic thrusters sometime before the end of the year, A new Comanche mobbed on a vessel currently in India, never seen it so can not coment on what its like, a Triton MRV mobbed on a vessel with a Sat system so just Dive support(Waste of a good WROV) a new Mohican thats never gone to work yet and a Seaeye Tiger on a dive support contract in Brunei.
    They are not bad mob need to get some more work, and maybe a little better management but since been taken over by DOF in Norway there is lots of nice new shiny vessels and ROv’s coming but not for another year or so.

slayer
    Participant

Think they are heading the right way.

More information from manager Steve Brown can be found here:

http://www.dof.no/dof_no//applications/system/publish/view/showLinks.asp?ips=1&archive=1002568

Anyway, someone been on the MRV on Gesea lately? Just wondering how it’s doing now. It was the first brand new ROV I work on back in 2002..

ozsub
    Participant

slayer,

I was on there(Geosea) last year for a while, TMRV4 was pretty good, they have since upgraded the thrusters to Sub atlantic and by all accounts its pretty good. The ROV has been doing dive support since putting the Sat system on this time last year so a big waste of a good WROV.
    Once they get some more work for the Vehicles they have sitting on the beach they will have more need for guys. If you can get consistant work with them then great they are one of the highest payers in Asia.

elad1986
    Participant

Yeah MRV4 is pretty good…i just came off a job in Russia on the GeoSea.
    New Sub-Atlantic thrusters are well maintained even though we had massive rocks blunt them a little. In the Gulf of Thailand at the moment until most probably mid November, 3 man crews. Ozsub is correct, they pay pretty well too. Even good ol’ Steve McVey has made the trip over to be the Asian Opps Manager as SS7 are now primarily based in Perth for both Aus and Pacific.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar