Home Forums General General Board Hallin Marine v Sonsub

Hallin Marine v Sonsub

Home Forums General General Board Hallin Marine v Sonsub

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    ROVrobot
    Participant

Hey guys. Wondering if anyone can shed any light on either of these companies? I have been offered jobs with both of these companies and am confused as who to go to, or should i stay with Oceaneering?

Any guidance appreciated? 😕

Ray Shields
    Participant

Best not to join a forum and post a message straight away without even bothering reading through the existing threads.

Try searching for Sonsub or Hallin on here and you will see mention of them and comments about them from others.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Options aside, I would have thought pondering on whether to leave Oceaneering or not would not be a hard decision to make.

ROVrobot
    Participant

Rayshield, best not try tell me what i should and shouldnt do!! 😉

Ray Shields
    Participant

Rayshield, best not try tell me what i should and shouldnt do!! 😉

You’re the one who came on here asking opinions. You really do work for Oceaneering don’t you? Best you stay there…

deepseacon
    Participant

You could do a trip with either while stil at OI they both take agency staff all the time but Sonsub would be your best bet for the long term.
    Equipment Vessels etc.

Theblackfingernail
    Participant

Looks like you’v upset someone ray, that’ll be a first!! 😛 , the robot has turned.

TBFN 😉

James McLauchlan
    Participant

You could do a trip with either while stil at OI they both take agency staff all the time…………

Good suggestion. Extra cash in the bank too during the mulling it over period.

Paul Bond
    Participant

At the end of the day you can’t be happy at Oceaneering or you wouldn’t be considering either new post. For me it would all depend on what terms of employment they had offered. Money? Pension? Healthcare? Days away? Work Location? etc etc

I have been agency for the last three years and ’employed’ for nine years and ’employed’ for nine years before that. All companies have their good and bad bits – it’s which bits make you happy or cheese you off that matters.

One mans meat is another mans poison etc etc

Good luck with your choice.

Paul Bond
    Participant

…..all that time in the game and i still don’t check what i type lol.

Apologies for the inefficiency!

stevebell
    Participant

i done a job for hallin marine the time i was there it was sound good lads in office and offshore what more can you ask for?? i heard alot about sonsub if your looking for heavy construction work when sonsub it is so really like some posts said no harm in trying them both

luckyjim37
    Participant

It depends on what you are looking for. Sonsub are a big company lots of vessels lots of ROV’s. Hallin are an emerging company with off the top of my head around 6 workclass and a hand full of eyeballs. They get a lot of work outside of the North sea which is good but then again so do Sonsub.

From experience of both companies I find Hallin treat you as a person with a bit of respect and listen to your opinion where as due to the size of the company you are a bit of a number at Sonsub.

The thing with ROV companies is whether the contract conditions suit do you want a salary with fixed pay or a day rate.

Also consider where you will advance the quickest and what type of work you want to be involved in. Where have you come from I guess with OI probably drill support. Moving onto to Sonsub where you are suddenly involved in serious construction work might not suit your experience where as Hallin tend to have a lot of pipelay/inspection and survey work which might be a more appropriate step in your career development.

Both companies have good and bad points so the contract wording and pay has to be the basis for the decision not peoples opinion on a forum where there are some very bitter and twisted old souls around.

My personal opinion of Sonsub is very negative as with Steve Bell I really liked Hallin (Hi Steve) it is a big decision to make but at any time with any company you are only a month away from leaving if you do not like it.

I would be cautious though about working for other firms agency whilst still under contract you could easily get burnt doing that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar