Home Forums General General Board How many rovs can you throw out normand subsea @ any time

How many rovs can you throw out normand subsea @ any time

Home Forums General General Board How many rovs can you throw out normand subsea @ any time

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Savante
    Participant

Two cursors on stbd, and god knows how many moonpools – but how many vehicles can you operate regularly without modification at any time?

225? Stallion ?? How fast are your HPR updating with 6 tms, 6 rovs, etc? Is it a case of 2 x 500 and dividing the workload?

Robert Branch
    Participant

??..Whats that in English…Dont wish to be rude

senior
    Participant

sounds like you need to call survey 🙄

A 6 ROV handling system – 2 workclass and 4 eyeball – fully
    integrated and with active heave compensation. 4 ROV
    systems deployed from enclosed hanger via moonpools
    and 2 cursor guided ROV systems deployed from port
    side.

Cheers,

Senior $$ :mrgreen:

"all for one and one for all"

Robert Branch
    Participant

Hope there wouldnt be too many Muppet pilots on board,God it would be like Spagetti junction with all the teather tangles.

iROV
    Participant

Kongsberg “world record” in transponder channels: 56 channels with an update rate around 2 seconds.

Savante
    Participant

is that a 2 sec update per channel or is that 2sec update for all channels simultaneously?

Robert Branch
    Participant

I they can read and understand a Sonar..

Anonymous

Shell have been driving this project and the vessel is very much built to their specification, regardless of any practical common sense.

I dont see 6 ROV’s as a particular requirement for the Ormen Lange workscope. As with previous years of Shell inspection, I doubt all 6 ROV will be in the water working at the same time either. Some will be tooled up with different bits of kit, others standing by in the TMS’s, others changing out. You’ll probably get 4 actually doing anything meaningfull at any one time. I dont think the Kongsberg system will be troubled too much.

The two work class back-to-back through a moonpool sounds a great idea…!!!

R2D2
    Participant
    iROV
    Participant

That is the dual HIPAP 500 system they have.

With optional dedicated software the SSBL accuracy will improve with a factor of 1/√2 (see spec) based on the statistical improvements when using two independent systems.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar