Home Forums General General Board How many ROV’s

How many ROV’s

Home Forums General General Board How many ROV’s

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Rhodes
    Participant

Melvo d, you speak like a seasoned pro! and theres DNT, TS marine, are MTQ still on the go? used to be Sarb marine, SBM, Triton logging.

Hey,
    Right now I am working for SBM and I have seen and heard that there just buyed DNT and are investing in new class ROVs.
    Cheers ❓

Anonymous

Hi
    Yes Scott, 😉 i am going to work for OISIN if i dont find a job soon 😆

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Hi
    Yes Scott, 😉 i am going to work for OISIN if i dont find a job soon 😆

Good luck dude!

Don’t forget to bring your "very own-personalized-tech log / modifications log" that you’re supposed to hide / tuck away from all others in your butt pocket. Re: make sure it can’t be seen by others………………….. 🙄

Anonymous

Hi
    But Scot, what can i do, nobody want me 😥

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Dude,

Maybe time to dust off the golden knee pads!! 😆

Anonymous

Hey D i am in Phuket next week for a week will give you a call see if we can catch up.
    Got the family with me so slightly hobbled however 😀 😀

Anonymous

Hi
    Looking fwd to that T

Scot, maybe your right, or i could go W Africa and work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not
    Or North Sea, but somebody say i might be too stupid to work up North

Savante
    Participant

are you just depressed matey?

if it’s any consolation, the agencies are phoning around asking for all the cvs of people – "in anticipation of summer work period"….

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Hi
    Looking fwd to that T

Scot, maybe your right, or i could go W Africa and work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not
    Or North Sea, but somebody say i might be too stupid to work up North

Hee…hee, 🙄 🙄

Hey! We’re just dumb cousins ain’t we!!!???

Ray Shields
    Participant

According to Fugros annual report, as at the end of 2007 they owned 105 ROVs.

This has likely increased by 10 or so since then. So about 115.

downthere
    Participant

Fugro are significantly increasing their fleet in 2008 and should be @ number 2 in the world shortly (If not there already). OI are a long way ahead in terms of numbers, in terms of quality and diversity of thier fleet I couldn’t comment. Subsea 7 would be number 2 or 3. Sonsub would be number 4 I think.

Its very simplistic for someone who knows nothing about a companies systems to slate them all. Established players such as Fugro or Oceaneering have a great deal of older systems as well as newer ones coming through. Some are in need of refurb and some are not but in general a "shit" ROV will not get any work and will pretty soon be retired, refurbed or significantly altered. My experience is that if you send out a relativly poor ROV with a top notch ROV crew they will easily do the job without any real problems. The best ROV in the world with a crew of numpties will sit on deck hour after hour and look "shit".

luckyjim37
    Participant

Hallin Marine have 4 Quasars 2 Quantums and are getting a whole batch of eyeballs. Not to mention are now building in house in Singapore so more will probably be on the way. No longer such a small player me thinks.

Also they are a very nice company to work for.

rovnumpty
    Participant

The best ROV in the world with a crew of numpties will sit on deck hour after hour and look "shit

Thanks for the vote of confidence Downthere.

Luckyjim, would that be SMDs Q vehicles? the same ones TS marine had so much success with on the REM Etive? Thrusters bolted to bouyancy, etc.

As to Oceaneering’s 250 vehicles – Is that a definite? They had a thing for scrapping older magnums – or ‘rebuilding’ them – then sticking a new number on them. Funnily enough, they would still claim to have 100 magnums cause that was the last number out of the build shop.

I would say that number of vehicles is a bad basis to judge a company. Oceaneering my have the most, but in terms of size and contracts, it must be between Technip, S-club 7 and Acergy.

sedco
    Participant

on the REM Etive

Speaking of the Rem Etive I heard it ran aground on rocks on a job in Indonesia and is now out of commision for a while.

melvodon
    Participant

Mags 134
    Mills 54
    Max 3
    Dragon 2k 1
    triton 5
    triton st 2
    triton xl 6
    Scv 14
    Quant 3
    Sealion 9

All work class ,they retired 8 subs and the rest are all eyeball ie Specrums,miniumums, this is of the efr report and i would aggree that size of contact would be sclub,technip,sonsub,acergy

but no one can argue that oceaneering are good at what they do be it drill support,it makes them money ,yes they cant organize a piss up in a brewery but isnt every company the same and as for the rates thing well some guys been we OI for years could get better rates but with all the dif bonuses they get for loyalty,100days,anual,list goes on they would be worse of and remember lot of guys came from stolt and they all say the prefer OI This company it would seem have been listening to the guys pros and cons and are working hard to sort them out we can all see the benifits be it staffhouse,more mini busses,etc,etc

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar