Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions Hydraulics Training Literature

Hydraulics Training Literature

Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions Hydraulics Training Literature

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jimbo
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve been trying to find some decent books or DVD’s/software packages to improve my hydraulics knowledge which to be honest isn’t good as that isn’t my field. I’m looking for something along the lines of Hydraulics for Dummies for instance (I’ve looked, there isn’t one), fittings and their different types and what goes with what, etc.
    I’ve seen DVD’s with a training package from Brendan Casey at a couple of hundred pounds but the reviews haven’t been that good and I haven’t found anything that I feel would be a good buy and I think that much might be a little too much to fork out for right now.
    Can anyone suggest or recommend something to start with?
    Cheers 😀

marsvoltaire
    Participant

Try to enrol in hydraulic courses.

Joseph Murphy
    Participant

There is a hydraulics manual, produced by the US military, widely available on the internet. Though it looks outdated, it does have all the basics and is an easy read. The section on valves, for example, may not seem relevant to those used on rov systems, but does make you think about how the system is controlled.

You can get it here

http://www.derijcke.com/dl/manual.pdf

Perry Gurtin
    Participant

Hi Durable,

I have just did a quick check of the net and found a downloadable pdf. on fluid power ( hydraulics ) that is as basic as it gets.

http://www.hnsa.org/doc/pdf/fluidpower.pdf

regards,

Canuck1

Jimbo
    Participant

Durable and Canuck1,

Outstanding!
    Both manuals look just what I am after. How did I miss them?

Cheers guys.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar