Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates I can’t believe it

I can’t believe it

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates I can’t believe it

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Donnie Cameron
    Participant

Where there’s muck there’s money……….

I saw someone get drenched in tellus 37 last week! 😯 It was hilarious! Certainly worth putting up with the extra money to see that once in a while. 😉
    To be honest though I’ve no idea why there’s a pay difference, we should all be on the same dosh in my mind.
    The challenge is to do the job to the best of your ability not what tools you use.
    As for having a pop at the Yanks….you should remember the basis of their gene pool before thy cast stones from inside your glass castle 🙄
    Think I’ll go for a stroll along the beach in the sun now and play spot the oil slicks 😆

luckyjim37
    Participant

I have been on a couple of jobs where there have been eyeball vehicles one was with an LBV 250 which was nice but my MRV kept having its tether for breakfast and one with a Mowhawk which having sat in the shack and watch it being operated felt rather ill far to twitchy for me.

Getting back to the point of this though. If bean counters in offices start messing with pay rates between systems within a company there will be hell to pay amongst the staff and many will either leave or stop operating the lower paid systems.

At the end of the day yes the day rates for construction/work class vehicles are higher but so are all the bits which break thrusters, pumps, motors, large cables with burton connectors etc.

Eyeballs are cheaper to buy cheaper to replace parts on so therefore if it comes down to a straight profit and loss sheet I bet there is not a lot in it at the end of a year between a busy work class vehicle and a busy eyeball vehicle.

Personally give me a big horrible MRV over an apache any day of the week but I am just sick 🙂

Buffel
    Participant

dominating wrote:
    are yall kidding me! eyeballers!!!!!!!!!!! what the hell, that’s a freaking joke. theres nothing better than a 150hp work class. what possible satisfaction could you get out of a flying shoe box? sounds like alot of lazy asses, i guess that is why americans dominate the ROV’s in construction.

I know its a bit of a digression off topic,but I have to reply,just getting my breath back after laughing! Americans dominate the ROV’s in construction! can you elaborate on that,is that making them or flying them? I have just spent the past 2 years working in the GoM and frankly the US "Pilots" that came through the systems were pitiful,talked a grand job in the Tea shack but that was it ,we were getting bottom feeders incapable of completing the most basic of tasks. I dont doubt that there are capable Americans out there,with a country that big there has too be…we were effectively a man down on most occasions, a Brit trainee was more productive and less damaging to the equipment!!

Oh yes,before I go..High 5 Y’all,Hoo ah! I’m off back to Blighty,Home in time for Tea and medals

Theblackfingernail
    Participant

Bhal Bhal Bhal, What a bunch of moaning twats, over nothing, Eyeballs are better!! Not there Not, Work Class are the Best, No there not, Yes they are, I’m telling my Dad on you.

Who gives a flying F*ck what you work on as long as your happy at what your doing or getting paied, if not!, no1’s keep you there but yourself.

It’s moaning twat’s like the one’s above that seam to want to make some sort of division between the Ranks of /Eyeball/WROV’s/Survey, I think it makes them feel better about themself. At the end of the day it’s the money most of work for, I know some people Live for the Job, you know the type, 5 min’s in the ale house and they’d be better off being back on the Ship/Rig taking shop, Do1 Ya Bellend, wheres the Birds,
    Ram your Sub, your craic’s P!sh.

The bad thing with Septic’s is, You only get Out what you put IN. 😳

If you’v got a wee pecker, buy a big car and stop Moaning. 😳

RimMe 😕

The Finger 😈

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Bhal Bhal Bhal, What a bunch of moaning twats, over nothing, ………… I think it makes them feel better about themself. At the end of the day it’s the money most of work for, I know some people Live for the Job, ……..
    RimMe 😕

The Finger 😈

……..

Finger,
    Goes back to what I’ve said many times…. There’s too many self-impressed people out there that CAN"T WORK AS A TEAM.

And for any of you youngsters who don’t like working with Americans, there’s 2 things I advise you to do (if you can count that high)… The first being is that you know how to pack your bag – please do so and then drag up!! The second being is that I’d love to hear from any of you Septic -bangers in a PM, using your real names and we can discuss the virtues of diplomacy… 🙄 I suspect I won’t get any at all… 😆

Cabledog
    Participant

Finger, nice to see the sense of humour is still there 😆

Scotty, in my experience some of the nicest/best guys I have worked with all over this jolly little planet have been yanks. Honest and down to earth for the most part. 😯

Had to re-train a few Texans in their shooting skills mind ❗ but hey it keeps life interesting. 😆 😯 🙄

Have a nice day y’all

LukeD
    Participant

I think to grasp the situation is this .
    If you are good at your job and know that particular ROV System , then you should be paid the top rate.
    I have not worked on , say a Magnum but I am good at working on small vehicles.
    Same goes for someone who has worked on a large vehicle but has not flown a small one. Both myself and the other guy are good at our jobs but not excelling on the other type of vehicle .
    Does that mean the guy on the workclass , although working on a large vehicle and paid more should have to have a cut in pay if he should find himself on a platform inspection job with a smaller one 😯
    He may be good at moving around a subsea wellhead but lousy at flying bugs , Should he get more than the fella who has flown them and fixed them for many years ?
    I would think the answer would be no , unless of course they are paid the same……………….No animosity , good working team 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar