Home Forums General General Board I need a Seamans Book ……how?

I need a Seamans Book ……how?

Home Forums General General Board I need a Seamans Book ……how?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    liddelljohn
    Participant

I have been offered a job but the employer is asking for a Seamans book as the job in in the Middle East and all the time i have worked in Asia I have never been asked for one … how do i get a seamans Book and where?

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Apply to the Registry of Shipping and Seamen , PO Box 420 , Cardiff , CF24 5XR.
    They will send you the application form , You send it back with Two photo’s of ya ugly Mug and a cheque , Viola !
    Of course You could always request one from the company out in the middle east and they will get a Panama one , But………………………
    They are not so sought after 🙂

TheProphet
    Participant

Fill the form in, add 2 photo’s get a company letter, walk in to any port authority that does discharge books, South Shields,Beverly, Cardiff,Aberdeen to name a few.
    Give the tart at the desk your info and £90, half an hour later one discharge book. 😀

liddelljohn
    Participant

If only it was so simple i am in thailand , could i get one in singapore or is a UK book best.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Wooh 😯 90 squid ! 😕
    £40:00 is the price and one week waitinf time !
    So you’re in Thailand !
    Better off getting a Panama Book then.
    Where abouts is home in Thailand ?
    Try a company close by offer them a few squid to get the book via them would be simpler 8)

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

If only it was so simple i am in thailand , could i get one in singapore or is a UK book best.

Liddle,
    Unfortunately, in Sin and Bkk there’s only the Panamanian Commissions. Expensive and slow. You only get 5 pages as well. Sux. Check with the British Embassy online SIN. MAYBE they can give you a lead there…

seadogg
    Participant

i renewed mine last year from Singapore.

i down loaded the forms from the net then sent them off to cardiff by return courier pack.

sorry can’t remember how long it took , i seem to remember approx a week or 10 days.

you’ll need a letter stating your employed on a uk registered vessel from memory

i used to have a panamanian one, which i got at their embassy in singapore. it was really expensive compared to the uk one and probably ended up more hassle at the embassy. the uk application goes really smooth and fast as long as you submit everything they ask for.

i’ve actually only ever used my seamans book once for oilfield work. it was in Qatar and they stuck stamps all in the back pages which are intended for other things. It pissed me off cause i use the book for other things more akin to it’s proper purpose. that time half of us had seamans books the other half had work permits , on arrival i think it was?…the guys with the work permits had a smoother entry than us..

i friend also told me once (he had a legal case with an american company) that it’s quite relevant to a companies liability for you wether you are signed on as crew or passenger. if your under a seamans book the accident liability is limited by an international seamans aggreement or something ?

good luck anyway

liddelljohn
    Participant

Wooh 😯 90 squid ! 😕
    £40:00 is the price and one week waitinf time !
    So you’re in Thailand !
    Better off getting a Panama Book then.
    Where abouts is home in Thailand ?
    Try a company close by offer them a few squid to get the book via them would be simpler 8)

I am in Pattaya .its raining today

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar