Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion i-Tech 7 recruiting

i-Tech 7 recruiting

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion i-Tech 7 recruiting

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    JL Schnabel
    Participant

I don’t know but i have heard Subsea 7 are a good firm to
    get in with when you are starting out in the industry?

2 years back worked with a South African Trainee. He was on a 108 US$ dayrate, they were withholding 20% of that for tax, so he was on roughly 86 US$ per day. He was not a happy chap, but nobody forced him to sign.

It might be tempting to try and sell yourself cheap to get a foot in industry, but your not doing yourself a favour or the guys you work with. Do your research.

Goodness!

Not much has really changed then for ‘us’ South Africans; when I started with Oceaneering in Feb of 2005 they paid U$100 off.shore rate (half of that was considered travel.rate) plus a U$1000 / month was the retainer.
    I agree though, of course no one is forcing you to accept to sign such a contract… but then if this is the only way in, then so be it – or?

😕

xxx
    Participant

Don’t get i-tech confused with Subsea 7. Although they come under the same parent company they are 2 separate entities. The 20% tax with holding is part of the international day rate contract at Subsea 7 not i-tech.

Why not speak/contact the i-tech recruiters and find out the contract details before you apply rather than listening to hearsay. I know a couple of lads who went from Sonsub to i-tech recently who are enjoying the change. i-tech Subsea 7 have plenty of work with loads of new rov systems.

The reason for the term associate Pilot Tech was brought in because some clients wouldn’t accept anyone onboard with trainee in their job title.

Good luck to all those looking for work. Now is the best chance you have had for quite sometime.

Herman
    Participant

The 20% tax with holding is part of the international day rate contract at Subsea 7 not i-tech.

I would advise anybody signing a contract with i-tech to have a clausel about this matter in the contract. They could change it any day.

By the way, I know a couple of lads who went from i-tech to Sonsub recently and are enjoying the change.

Robert Mur
    Participant

so does anyone know what the going rate is for a trainee with i tech?

Ryan gay
    Participant

I applied for that role got an e mail back a couple of days later saying I was unsuccessful.

Robert Mur
    Participant

hi ryan.

u were unsuccessful? did they give you a reason? what is your background?

Ryan gay
    Participant

No reason just that I was unsuccessful on this occasion and my background is electrical I’ve already got my offshore certs as well because I’ve being on sheringham shoal windfarm since June

RW
    Participant

The vacancy status still states "open" on this job but the main listing has gone now so closing date has passed.

Anyone heard anything else from I tech recently regarding this?

Christopher French
    Participant

No feed back as yet.Everything crossed tho 😀

Marty
    Participant

Itech will pay £179 a day to a trainee.

Robert Mur
    Participant

do they have a training centre etc? is there an initial period in workshop? or is it just straight out and into it?

Christopher French
    Participant

Anybody get the good news?

Ben Cook
    Participant

Hi guys

I’m new to this site, but I saw this thread and thought to put my input in. I have just started with I tech as an associate rov pilot tech. I have completed my training which takes place over 3 weeks at the green well base in Aberdeen.

You are not required to work in the base once you have finished training but I did as they didn’t have a rig for me. As an associate you are on a day rate of 190 pounds. You are required to do a competency pack which on average takes a year before they consider taking you on salary.

I am new to the offshore industry, they like people with either hydraulics or an electrical background. I was in the Raf as a mechanical technician and sowares 5 of the 8 people on my course. They like ex military. But it’s not exclusive!

If anyone has anymore questions don’t hesitate to ask and I will do my best to help.

I believe they are taking on one more course this year so keep your eyes peeled on the subsea 7 website.

Roy Simson
    Participant

You might like to try this address for SS7 and yes there still looking for crew :-Wendy Duncan

Offshore Staffing – Team Lead ROV Skillpool

Tel +44 (0)1224-718455

wendy.duncan@subsea7.com

As for rates Supervisors were on only £418
    Good Luck With the Job Hunt !

Raptor

Paulo Lee
    Participant

The 20% tax with holding is part of the international day rate contract at Subsea 7 not i-tech.

The mail address provided by Raptor is the construction side, so keep that in mind and be aware that you will get 20% less.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar