Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Is Oceaneering a bunch of REDNECKS in GOM?

Is Oceaneering a bunch of REDNECKS in GOM?

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Is Oceaneering a bunch of REDNECKS in GOM?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Darb Dirkson
    Participant

I have an interview with OI in GOM. My situation is that I play guitar in a heavy metal band when on land. I dont feel like changing my real life just to got to sea. Will I be harrassed offshore for having my Hair Down to my ASS??? Every company i ever worked for let me have it long under my cap. I just dont know if I would even get pass the interview stage! What do you think??/ RED NECK OR COOL?

Moon
    Participant

Coon-Asses and Rednecks. Occasional Hill-billy too.

If you are in a serious band that gets paid well for gig’s then, You will have to choose between the Band or ROV work. Both will not happen in a life offshore. ROV Rig Pigs have a more consistent schedule than the ROV construction guys. Construction work makes you an asset to an ROV company.

Long hair is OK offshore as long as it is tucked away on deck, you Hippy. However, I would never hire a man with a pony-tail. Grow up.

There are better companies out there than Oceaneering. Far, Far Better. Do your homework.

MoonPoolFiller

P.S. – Bring bug spray to your interview.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar