Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Lack of rate updates?

Lack of rate updates?

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Lack of rate updates?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    James McLauchlan
    Participant

We had an inquiry recently as to why the ROV Pay Rates page seemed to be updated very little of late.

As we have said from the start. We both work offshore ourselves so the updates would be infrequent.

The other more obvious reason for lack of updates is very few people are sending them in. Exactly why that is we don’t know, but past history seems to indicate that when people are busy we get less input in that respect.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

James,

There’s been a few grumblings on the vessel about stagnated pay rates over the past 6 months – hence no new rates from meself. Funny enough, there’s a few guys who are happy with what they get – once again the total lack of solidarity sux in this industry. (Go Yuni0n!!!) Compound the problem with the abysmal dollar (esp you folks living in the UK) and it works out to be that our last pay raise is now gone. Add into the equation the higher price / cost of living of EVERYTHING (IN EVERY COUNTRY) and we’re getting less than we were 6 months ago.

The oil companies AND SERVICE COMPANIES are getting richer by the day off the sweat and grime of the guys / gals offshore. $140.00 ++/bbl!!!! Give us some of that by getting the contract numbers right up there in the stratosphere!!!!

MANAGEMENT NOTE THIS!!! 😑 😑 😑

Yes, I know that you know who I am (it doesn’t take a friggin’ brain surgeon)

Cough up the dough big boys!!! It’s our turn to buy expensive golf clubs!!! Tho’ we don’t have time to play every third day….. πŸ˜•

Lloyd Todd
    Participant

Scotbeve,

First of all, it’s a good post but the usual problem of some guys will not stick together or even ask there office for a pay rise. (May be they think there not worth what they are currently earning?)

I know James & Gina do an excellent job in up dating the pay rates but may I suggest a name and shame campaign of the lowest payers as a new section on the forum or top 10 companies.

There could also be a section for the Companies to reply?

James/ Gina what do you think?

Regards Mad-dog πŸ˜€

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Mad dog,

Like the idea… NAME AND SHAME HALL OF FAME Yes, whadaya’ say James / Gina ol’ bean / beaness??

Anonymous

Hi
    HALL OF SHAME
    I could name 1 company i will never ever in my fucki.g life work for, i really get upset just to think about it, and this is about 4 years ago.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Hi
    HALL OF SHAME
    I could name 1 company i will never ever in my fucki.g life work for, i really get upset just to think about it, and this is about 4 years ago.

Heh, heh!!! πŸ™‚

Ditto Deep, ditto…

rovbionic
    Participant

scotbev.deepdown…go on…lets have a name…..nai be shy…all mates here you know.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

OK.. so here I am in Changi wondering about the merits of a Hall of Shame and Fame!

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Say we added a section in the Forum as suggested. The idea has merit.

Yet there are very few companies that people would have pleasant things to say about however there are plenty out there that people would get stuck right into.

I can’t help but think, based on recent events around here, that it would only turn into a slagging section which would get nasty in short order.
    Who is going to manage that? The first we’d (Website admin/owners) know about it would be some upset manager contacting us directly by email or private message (It’s happened in the past) to do something about post A or Post B or member ‘whomever’

Managers will not be seem to be posting around here in defence of shortcoming of the company they work for. It would put them in a no win situation so the path of choice is (as is usual) say nothing.

But this is getting way off topic…. Lack of rate updates?

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Valid points James…. I seem to remember some managers getting into the fracas with threats and whatnot.

Yesss, RATES – anybody got anything new?

Savante
    Participant

hows about this for an idea then – maybe keep it to numbers and letters and a list of criteria

maybe along the lines of

a->e as indicator of;

equipment standards

personnel standards – were you mobbed with utter monkeys/head-@rse scratchers?

how good the beach support is

how much unnecessary paperwork do have to fill to get a bottle of diala

treatment of personnel on contracts

day rates

how quickly you were paid

did you get a copy of the contract t’s and c’s up front-did the onshore manager give you a thorough briefing on the legals of the job – and your responsibilities therein (in particular to long survey jobs – where we’ve had to pay particular attention to survey & recovery and booking time on different accounts!

have you been left sitting in some crappy airport lying on a park bench!

did you get a tab for demob when you completed the job well !

do your beach managers take on the customer over the fine details when things get tough so that relations aboard remain cosy between you and the client rep?

I think that the issue with things like this is that a manager tends to be rated on how he behaves 99% of the time and most of the time, things can be rosy. It’s the 1% when the sh1t is dripping off the fan blades and you’re trying to lock down the room that I think we need to start rating them on. It tends to be the stuff I remember!

you could do something like plot values over time and show how a company is functioning – say perhaps they get a crap manager or superintendent in, the ratings plummet……

Whilst I don’t think we would all want to go and do something like fpal, http://www.fpal.co.uk or achilles for example – they really are only marketing tools to make sure you end up in front of the purchasing officers desk!! Perhaps a scheme like this could be bland enough but representative enough of a companys ethos to be useful to all.

At the end of the day, if ebay can get away with a ratings system…..

Savante
    Participant

now i know i’ve been in the office too long and turned into a carunt.

this sounds like a human resources exersize gone wrong! 😯

shetlander1950
    Participant

Sav,

It could be simplified and legally speaking, could be developed by using what’s already available on this website – the pay rates page…

How about, the top 5 payers and the lowest 5 payers. And as for slgging management, that could be on another thread on it’s own…

And yes, it does sound as if you’ve been polishing a desk chair too long now!

James McLauchlan
    Participant

How about, the top 5 payers and the lowest 5 payers. And as for slgging management, that could be on another thread on it’s own…

That might be worth debating…

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Sav,

It could be simplified and legally speaking, could be developed by using what’s already available on this website – the pay rates page…

And yes, it does sound as if you’ve been polishing a desk chair too long now!

Whoops,

This was from me… somebody else was logged into this desktop… 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar