Home Forums General General Board ME States, employment options and Seaman’s Book

ME States, employment options and Seaman’s Book

Home Forums General General Board ME States, employment options and Seaman’s Book

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

G’day Folks,

Seeking feedback on whether it is absolutely necessary to have a UK Seaman’s (Book/Card/Discharge thingummy) for work in the Gulf?

I have had to turn down/avoid/been rejected for several opportunities as I do not not have this piece of paper/cardboard.

Feedback welcome from all (human) species, especially non-UK residents.

All the best for the season and lang may yair lum reek. 😀

Gamekeeper
    Participant

Whilst working in the Gulf (in particular Qatar) we were required to carry a discharge book which was always stamped when clearing immigration…. hope this helps.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

For some reason it seems that the seaman’s discharge book is favoured by the ME authorities. Once, on arrival in the ME (Years ago) the local agent issued me with a Panamanian seaman’s book on arrival (before joining the vessel) because at the time I didn’t possess a UK version.

Anonymous

Can anyone make a helpful suggestion as to how the following type of person may acquire the above-mentioned document,given that the applicant is:

UK (rather say Scotland) born, foreign (i.e. Aussie) but Commonwealth citizen with no UK NIN / residence.

Cheers

deepseacon
    Participant

http://www.mcga.gov.uk/c4mca/rss-cd-form-msf4509.pdf

You need to get a letter from an Employer or Agency

You need an address to fill the form out you can visit them direct.
    90 GBP for the Discharge book.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

OR you can get a Panamanian, or the likes of others and use it (them). Good luck in the ME, worked for a company recently and they’re trying to short-change me a days wages. Go for it dudes!!! Let’s see whom has the greater audience / influence!!! The dare has been set…. Stay tuned to this station…. Further flashes may occur… Git yur Raybans out lads!!! 🙄 🙄

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar