Home Forums General General Board New Changes In All Non-Immigrant Visas Thailand !

New Changes In All Non-Immigrant Visas Thailand !

Home Forums General General Board New Changes In All Non-Immigrant Visas Thailand !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    subman
    Participant

Hi Guys for manys years many of us have been living in Thailand under a Non-Immigrant visa , In my case a "O" however I had a email from the Thai Consulate in Hull telling me this .

Dear Sir / Madam

Please note that with immediate effect applications for non-immigrant visas are to be scrutinised more closely to ensure that applicants are entitled to be issued with the visa they are requesting. To minimise possible delays in the issuing of visas caused by a lack of supporting documentation please read the attachments which explains what information we will require to be submitted for various categories of the non-immigrant visa.

Yours faithfully

Visa Section

NON-IMMIGRANT VISA

If your purpose of visiting Thailand is other than tourism you must be in possession of a valid Non-Immigrant Visa before you enter Thailand.

The Non-Immigrant Visa can be granted for the following purposes of visit but only if you provide the required evidence:-

Category “B”

Conducting business in Thailand as an employee of a non Thai company

Evidence required: Supporting letter from the company you are employed by or you are representing.

or

Taking up employment in Thailand with a Thai company.

Evidence required: Suitable letter from Thai company offering you employment.

Category “ED” (this type of visa does not allow paid employment)

Studying in Thailand

Evidence required: Suitable letter from institution you will be studying at.

or

Taking part in a work study/observation tour in Thailand

Evidence required: Suitable letter from institution you will be attending.

or

Participating in a project or seminar

Evidence required: Suitable letter from organisation arranging project/seminar.

or

Attending a business conference or trade fair

Evidence required: Suitable letter from organisation arranging conference/trade fair or from exhibitor.

or

Attending as an official at a recognised event

Evidence required: Suitable letter from organiser of event.

or

Undertaking a training course (teaching, diving boxing, etc).

Evidence required: Suitable letter from course organiser.

or

Studying as a Buddhist monk.

Evidence required: Suitable letter from Buddhist monastery.

Category “O” (this type of visa does not allow employment without a valid work permit)

Residing in Thailand

Evidence required: copy of house deeds.

or

Visiting family living in Thailand

Evidence required: Suitable Birth/Marriage Certificate showing relationship.

or

Volunteer work for a recognised charity

Evidence required: Suitable letter from charity.

or

Visiting Thailand as UK Pensioner

Evidence required: Copies of bank statements showing receipt of pension.

I am sure someone will find a way round this however only time will tell other wise it could be the end of Non-Immigrant visas for many of us .

Cheers

subman

deepseacon
    Participant

Make it hard one way take more money in another way.

Considering the amount of people extending Tourist Visa’s & Visa waiver etc in Jomtien these last days they are raking in funds for extensions.

Mark Gale
    Participant

I recently renewed my multiple entry "O" visa in Melbourne, Oz. The Consul told me that the reason for the tightening up of regulations was that they had a lot of blokes entering "marriages of convenience", getting a marriage cert & then immediately getting divorced, but continuing to use the cert. to renew their visas. I needed a recent letter from my wife as well as a copy of her house registration and a copy of her ID card. I submitted those and there was no trouble at all – seems that each Consulate/Embassy interprets the rules slightly differently, but if you phone them first and supply what they ask for, you shouldn’t have any trouble. It is really no different to foreigners getting similar visas to visit UK, Oz etc. – Follow the rules & you are OK.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

At least in UK , Foreigners get Visa , benifits,house……………… 😆

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

At least in UK , Foreigners get Visa , benifits,house……………… 😆

And the rest of the bennies Lost!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar