Home Forums General General Board New PSSL Submarine Rescue vehicle

New PSSL Submarine Rescue vehicle

Home Forums General General Board New PSSL Submarine Rescue vehicle

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ray Shields
    Participant

http://www.rovworld.com/phpnuke/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2767&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

TWENTY FOUR lorries required to transport it! Do they take along their own container just for an officers lounge or what? Blimey.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

This is a UK system isn’t it? This is 2008 right? How long has the UK supposedly been using the metric system?

I can only guess that the design must be old they are quoting imperial measurements for depth of operations 😉 Or is it an American system adapted by the UK?

2,000ft – nearly 400ft deeper,….. etc. etc.

I guess all the design specs must be in feet and inches with pressure calcs in Atmospheres.

Anonymous

Seems to be designed according NATO standards of the French, Norwegian an British authorities.

http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=NATO+SUBMARINE+RESCUE+VEHICLE+SYSTEM&meta=

Ray Shields
    Participant

I thought it was a brand new system designed and built by PSSL. Its UK based but it will be all Americanised of course as they know best…

mudflap276
    Participant

I thought it was a brand new system designed and built by PSSL. Its UK based but it will be all Americanised of course as they know best…

most certainly correct 🙄 lol

Haddock
    Participant

I can assure you metric units were used throughout 😀

Another PSSL Sub was delivered last week, some pics from harbour trials here:

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/csRq8r0ndi0/Advanced+Rescue+Submarine+Tested+Loch+Linnhe/E_rqpETwFnT

Salee
    Participant

Who’s the "diver" on the sub 😯 ???

Savante
    Participant

thought the lr5 was an old kite??

Haddock
    Participant

thought the lr5 was an old kite??

LR5 goes out of service anytime now, replaced by NSRS from the first post

This is NSRS

The sub on the last link is LR7.

All 3 subs were designed and built by PSSL at Kirkbymoorside, UK – although LR5 has had a major refit since (quite an old boat now!)

luckyjim37
    Participant

The times for deployment are pretty impressive compared with the DSRV the Americans supply. I mobbed that onto the back of a sub for trials. It took nearly two days just to get all of the extra equipment (CO2 absorbtion units oxygen candles etc) down the boat.

Good to see there is still investment in safety in the UK submarine fleet means we may actually get to save some Russians next time.

Savante
    Participant

good picture ! umbilical is spooled along the length of the a-frame leg? where is the winch??

TEAMJBR
    Participant

That might be the heave comp winch line of the LARS.
    Man subs tend to be free from attachments to the surface except when a recovery line is connected via the diver!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar