Home Forums General General Board newbie

Home Forums General General Board newbie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    dudz
    Participant

good day…i am dudz…a newbie here…and as an upcoming ROV Tech..this will be my first time to go onboard…I would like to ask what are the things to bring excluding your personal things on board…will i be needing a jacket or what???

thanks

Anonymous

HI
    Are you for real?
    Of course you don’t need a jacket, why would you need it?
    Be course we all know where you will be working, right?

dudz
    Participant

HI
    Are you for real?
    Of course you don’t need a jacket, why would you need it?
    Be course we all know where you will be working, right?

yes this is for real…just like in the title im a newbie and thats the reason why i am asking regarding what things to bring…(",)

Anonymous

HI
    Ok then, if you work in Asia= no jacket
    If you work in North Sea= jacket

sedco
    Participant

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

luckyjim37
    Participant

You also need enough wash gear for twice as long as your office say the trip will be just in case.

Savante
    Participant

flip flops – i consider them ppe for the bathroom!

depending on where you may be based, you may select wellington boots.

xxx
    Participant

Try taking some common sense! I question if you are right for the offshore world if you need to ask on an internet forum what you should take offshore.

Try thinking for yourself.

Oh white no sugar!!

Savante
    Participant

xxx – bollocks.

never shoot a guy for asking friggin questions. a clever guy realises when he needs to ask questions. If that happens before you go off to the platform, then great !

Ray Shields
    Participant

I doubt the poor guy is asking if he should take clean underwear with him πŸ˜€ Think back to when you first went offshore and the things you took that you didnt neeed or things you wished you had!

Andy Shiers
    Participant

In Luckyjim37’s case , haircurlers , hairdrier and hairgel πŸ˜€

xxx
    Participant

Quite right guys. Not very nice of me.

Being having a bad day dealing with an idiot and I shouldn’t take it out on some poor bloke asking for advice.

rovpilot
    Participant

All depends where you are working,
    Northsea in winter bring plenty warm cloths, t-shirts, thicksocks etc etc
    Afirka, light clothing, t-shirts shorts flipflops, nothing fancey as it will likey get stolen. I brough 6 pairs of socks and underwear last trip and down to one pair of each and the end as all went missing in the wash or stolen!!Joys of Afrika, TIA as they say.

dudz
    Participant

All depends where you are working,
    Northsea in winter bring plenty warm cloths, t-shirts, thicksocks etc etc
    Afirka, light clothing, t-shirts shorts flipflops, nothing fancey as it will likey get stolen. I brough 6 pairs of socks and underwear last trip and down to one pair of each and the end as all went missing in the wash or stolen!!Joys of Afrika, TIA as they say.

well then thanks mate for ur kind answer…ill be working with global marine system in the cable retrivier vessel…like what i have said… to those who understand the meaning of a newbie thanks to your replies…but to those who are not…i have one question…is this the your proper way of welcome on a new member???then i guess i got a wrong forum site…. πŸ™

dudz
    Participant

Quite right guys. Not very nice of me.

Being having a bad day dealing with an idiot and I shouldn’t take it out on some poor bloke asking for advice.

do you still remember the first time you go onboard>>>didn’t you ask or even wonder what also to bring?im sure you’ll be denying it because i guess u also receive a statement like yours…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar