Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Next Fugro Trainee intake

Next Fugro Trainee intake

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Next Fugro Trainee intake

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Ray Shields
    Participant

For info,

the next Fugro Aberdeen ROV training course is due to start on 13th November. This means trainees CVs are being looked at RIGHT NOW.

So, start pounding on the door of the Aberdeen office if you want to apply. Try and get past HR and contact Dave McKay directly. He is the ROV Manager.

EricvH
    Participant

Hi ray. How long does it usually take for mr. McKay to react on an email?

truered
    Participant

hi

could take some time as they are probably overwhelmed with cv’s at the moment, given the interest shown.

still got 3 weeks or so before the course starts

good luck

Ray Shields
    Participant

You may be unlucky and not get any reply but I doubt it.

I would expect people to be given their interviews, job offers and employment started within the next 2 weeks ready to attend the course starting 13th Nov in Aberdeen.

We have the first of our Polish pilots starting then as well, already just had several Polish surveyors start.

melvodon
    Participant

Well as for the trainees intake , i hate to burst the bubble here but the 8 places have been picked before the end of october .There were 14 applicants and 8 places and the 8 lucky people have been told and are working there notice as i type

Ray Shields
    Participant

Funnily I was just coming on to say the same thing 😮

There were more than 14 applicants though – there were over 200 CVs. These were nbarrowed down to 14.

Any of those 8 lucky chappies on the forum here? Course starts 13th Nov in Aberdeen and will be 4 weeks plus offshore survival if required (i.e. if you dont already have it)

melvodon
    Participant

Nope but i was one of the 14 thats how i know ,best of luck to the new trainees , and i hope they dont drop out like a lot of last years did

luckyjim37
    Participant

Are experienced personnel looking to come back to Fugro having to do training courses prior to starting?

truered
    Participant

luckyjim

had that conversation with a guy in thread earlier depsite his 20yrs experience he was asked to complete this intake course. just for good measure they asked 3 times. someone from H/R was pushing this

maybe ray you can shed some light on this one??

farq30
    Participant

were doomed,the poles are here!!will we soon be working for minimum wage!ha ha

Ray Shields
    Participant

Jim,

no.

I’m not sure why the other guy was told he had to do the training course. The training course is for raw recruits.

cheers, Ray

Borolad
    Participant

Hi all,

I applied to ROVTech for a trainee role last August, I had just left the RAF after 17yrs as an aircraft sparky, but the interview was cancelled with about a weeks notice. I later found it it was due to Fugro buying them out.

Nevermind I took a job as a sparky working for a small ,marine electrical/electronic company working onshore. Last week I received a phone call from Fugro inviting me for an interview for a Trainee Rov P/Tech role! so they do keep CV’s on file after all 🙂

Just the small matter of an interview next week, anybody got any Valium…….I hate interviews 🙁

Any good interview hints greatly appreciated 😉

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Hi all,

I applied to ROVTech for a trainee role last August, I had just left the RAF after 17yrs as an aircraft sparky, but the interview was cancelled with about a weeks notice. I later found it it was due to Fugro buying them out.

Nevermind I took a job as a sparky working for a small ,marine electrical/electronic company working onshore. Last week I received a phone call from Fugro inviting me for an interview for a Trainee Rov P/Tech role! so they do keep CV’s on file after all 🙂

Just the small matter of an interview next week, anybody got any Valium…….I hate interviews 🙁

Any good interview hints greatly appreciated 😉

Don’t go in pissed or with a hangover. In fact, don’t drink the night before.
    Don’t do the valium.
    DO tell them that you’ve done some research as well as put your cv to a load of companies and agencies as you had waited by the phone for them since August.
    DO tell them what you really want…. Loads of GBP’s or $$$.
    DO tell them that you’d rather not wait around anymore.

Ray Shields
    Participant

I can confirm that the next Fugro ROV training course will be starting on 9th April 07. Hence the interviews for the next batch of 8 happening now. At least 3 have been taken on so far as far as I know.

misiuek
    Participant

DO tell them that you’ve done some research as well as put your cv to a load of companies and agencies as you had waited by the phone for them since August.
    DO tell them what you really want…. Loads of GBP’s or $$$.
    DO tell them that you’d rather not wait around anymore.

follow that advice and you wont have to worry about the interview it will a very quick one….

dress smartly , not necessary a suit …… i do remember once a recuit getting turned down as the hr girl didnt "like his trousers" quality!!!
    getting yer foot in the door once in , as has been repeated again and again then yer bargaining power begins , the longer with a company the better (minium 2 years!)
    do your trips make sure your supervisor writes those reports it all helps when you go knocking on the door for more money.
    emphasie your ability to work as a team member , how you can understand drawings or enjoy the challenge of doing something new … cause believe me this job is like that , each day is learning curve and treat it as such and enjoy!

best of luck!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar