Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Oceaneering Europe ROV client rates for 2008

Oceaneering Europe ROV client rates for 2008

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Oceaneering Europe ROV client rates for 2008

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    James McLauchlan
    Participant

Just found an interesting document on-line (by searching via google for schilling parts) that gives the rates for 2008 that Oceaneering were charging out to the client in Europe for ROV PT’s and Sups.
    It is in the public domain as an online .pdf document and freely available for all to download: [url=http://www.oceaneering.com/oceandocuments/rates/europe.pdf]

You can also download a copy from this post (see link below).

An excerpt from the above document:

LABOUR – PERSONNEL FOR 12-HOUR DAY OPERATIONS:
    12-Hour Day
    (1) Supervisor £936.00 (*overtime/hr £78.00)
    (1) Pilot Technician £880.00 (overtime/hr £73.00)

Additional Personnel for 24-hour day Operations:
    12-Hour Day
    (1) Supervisor £936.00 (*overtime/hr: £78.00)
    (1) Electronics Technician £880.00 (*overtime/hr: £73.00)

*Overtime rates also apply to the standard crew.

There are also system & equipment hire rates in the above document.

europe_648.pdf
     Filename: europe_648.pdf

Download

luckyjim37
    Participant

It would be interesting to know what costs they have against them dayrates i.e. insurances etc. Then compare that against what they paid the staff that year taking into account Employers contriubtions to pensions and National insurance to see exactly what profit was made.

That figure would make very interesting reading. Especially if trying to negotiate a standard pay figure for the north sea.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

That figure would make very interesting reading. Especially if trying to negotiate a standard pay figure for the north sea.

I agree, it’s not just simple profit per person being viewed above.

luckyjim37
    Participant

Saying that my company insurance is only around a 1000 per year even if they pay that per person it is about 2.70 a day then Employers Ni is around 12.5% I think. So lets say they were paying 350 per day for the tech. Thats a cost to Oceaneering of around 570 per day taking into account pay, Ni contributions, insurance and the corporate tax they would have to pay that means they would roughly make 310 per day on a tech. It is a good return certainly could leave room for manouvering on day rates that is for sure.

These are approximate figures.

Glevum
    Participant

The normal rule of thumb is that the overhead for employing someone is about the same as the salary paid.

So if you pay some one £375/day it would cost you £750 to employ them before you add any profit.

If you then charge them out at £936 the the profit is 25% (£186)

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

The normal rule of thumb is that the overhead for employing someone is about the same as the salary paid.

So if you pay some one £375/day it would cost you £750 to employ them before you add any profit.

If you then charge them out at £936 the the profit is 25% (£186)

Once again, these are N. Sea / UK overheads, etc. are they not?

luckyjim37
    Participant

I see what you are saying Scot but the general rule of thumb Glevum is refering to is pretty much accross the board.

That is taking into all of things I had not such as PPE, Pension fund contriubutions, holiday pay etc.

Obviously the figures would be wildly different in terms of tax liabilities, holiday and pension rights compared to a company operating in Asia or other areas of the world.

They may also be affected by which office the staff are paid out of i.e. Dubai or some other little haven.

Obviously bringing there is an underlying theme to bringing this to our attention which to try and open our eyes to the need for a standardised pay system in the north sea. I think the sub text of James was trying to get at was look at what you are paid in the North sea and just look at how much the companys in the North sea are charging for you. There is a significant difference.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Lucky,

I’m assuming that you’ve been around long enough to remember the days where us supv. or supts. would get a copy of the contract and inevitably get the odd one where the secretary had forgot to delete the numbers on the word processor…. The numbers I saw were 25 – 40 % higher than the clams you get at the end of the day. This has always been a given even at the beginning of the game where they (the companies) could charge a literal fortune for the system dayrate. Business ethics and "recessions" have changed this I guess…. 🙄

luckyjim37
    Participant

Today I have been mostly hiring an ROV. One thing I have noticed is the day rates for eyeball Personnell are significantly less than the figures listed above.

Even my most expensive supervisor was less than £700. Do eyeball pilots earn less than work class guys and or are Oceaneerings rates very high.

bt
    Participant

In most company’s there paid the same, unless you mean micro-Rov’s.

luckyjim37
    Participant

Maybe Oceaneering are charging over the odds against other systems for personel or balancing that out against charging less per vehicle.

I just find it odd that the rates I have been looking at today for techs and supervisors that I as a client would have been charged did not reach £700.

I do not want to be to specific regarding the companies as I do not want to upset anyone who I may want to use again.

Is the day rate issue being fuelled from the otherside as well where as personnnel hire rates are so varied between the companies it forces the staff rates to vary?

Ray Shields
    Participant

At my place Eyeball supervisors are paid less than Workclass ones.

bt
    Participant

Do They??
    How much of a difference is that then???

I thought fugro worked on a grading system??? are you saying they have one for Eyebowl / Seaeye people and one for FCV / Workclass people and not just one for ROV personnel ??

Sounds a bit strange with it being two different types of work.

Robert Black
    Participant

In response to Ray’s post above. If you work at Fugro the you are very much mistaken about eyeball and workclass pay difference. It used to be a good way to wind eyeball lads up but the truth of it is there is no difference.

Ray Shields
    Participant

In response to Ray’s post above. If you work at Fugro the you are very much mistaken about eyeball and workclass pay difference. It used to be a good way to wind eyeball lads up but the truth of it is there is no difference.

I do and I think you will find there are Supervisor grades, who generally work as Eyeball Supervisors. Then there are Superintendent grades who generally are Workclass Supervisors.

So to me Eyeball supervisors get paid less money than Workclass ones?

And of course this is from an Aberdeen perspective, not Fugro worldwide.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar