Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Oceaneering Europe ROV client rates for 2008

Oceaneering Europe ROV client rates for 2008

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Oceaneering Europe ROV client rates for 2008

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    bt
    Participant

So what about the Seaeye Supervisors that are graded as superintendents which there is many of in fugro Rovtech??

I think there in Aberdeen.

bit of wishful thinking Maybe.??

Robert Black
    Participant

There are many, many Eyeball Superintendants in Fugro-Rovtech. As many as there are in the Work Class Dept.

Sit Rep
    Participant

I’m not in ops or finance but I would assume that there is extra "fat" in work class sub day rates due to all of the tooling, spares etc that is hired out on day rate.

It would be nice to think that some of this margin makes it’s way down the food-chain…

"You may think I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one…", John Lennon

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

I’m not in ops or finance but I would assume that there is extra "fat" in work class sub day rates due to all of the tooling, spares etc that is hired out on day rate.

It would be nice to think that some of this margin makes it’s way down the food-chain…

"You may think I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one…", John Lennon

Fat (only looking at my gut – not the wallet)??? Pretty lean days I’d say especially the abysmal N. Sea rates… ME has surpassed the N. Sea rates…!!!

bt
    Participant

Extra fat :- yes they’ll be the tooling tech’s that go out with the tools.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Extra fat :- yes they’ll be the tooling tech’s that go out with the tools.

Yep… those dudes with a whole tool kit strapped to their waist blts and fanny packs…

bt
    Participant

So what’s the going rate for a tooling tech is it the same as ROV rates???

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

So what’s the going rate for a tooling tech is it the same as ROV rates???

It depends how much you can fight for your pay…

Robert Branch
    Participant

Tooling tech is this another fancy job description?..Arent all ROV Sub Eng,s
    mechanics,electronic techs,Pilots,tooling techs?.The last job I was on we had a TOOLING tech who was part of the 3 man ROV team,and was a Sub Eng apparently,but he couldnt fly the ROV or co pilot,so basically it we were down to a 2 man team on the Ops side.

iROV
    Participant

The tech comes for free with the tooling :O

bt
    Participant

Nothing is for free???

They are an extra tech just for the tooling equipment. Normally an extra bod on top of the full ROV crew.

Graeme Hoyle
    Participant

For those of you that have never worked for Oceaneering may I give a little info. Oceaneering contracts for UK personel are registered in Switzerland and no NI is paid by Oceaneering, no UK tax or NI is taken from your dayrate you have to sort it out yourself but they do take 6% "tax" from your day rate that they say is to cover tax.

The figures you have shown are given at the bottom of the opening page of the Oceaneering website under the tag Ratebook, every cost to the client is listed there and most of it is pure profit, I would estimate that they make something in the range of 50% for every person on their books.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar