Home Forums General General Board odyssey marine

odyssey marine

Home Forums General General Board odyssey marine

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Danny Authement
    Participant

does anyone know anything about odyssey maring out of tampa, fl? i ran across their website and they are looking for et’s and mt’s. i am tired of oil and gas and wondering if this is a good place to go. i did email them today about the position, but im sure someone here knows about them. treasure recovery sounds more exciting than flying riser and pipelines.

Savante
    Participant

dj – read the last weeks updates on their oprations in europe. Sounds like a lot of fun!!! Treshure… a haaar.

Steve
    Participant

dj

Went through the same thought process as you a couple of years back. Got as far as being offered a position and receiving a contract to peruse……

Dayrate was USD300 for ET & MT.
    You were covered by their insurance only from stepping onboard the vessel, to stepping off. Nothing between the vessel and your door.
    Rotation was 60 days on, 30 off.
    A couple of other issues that I can’t remember off the top o me heed.

If you want to slave yourself out for the above, give it a go. Personally, I body swerved.

Hope this helps.

Sundoder

One-eye
    Participant

I am working for odyssey and I have to say if you like very interesting and very fun people to be around with then I can highly recommend the company. The pay might not be what you get in the oil and gas industry, but the job is a lot more fun, guaranteed! There is not all the bullshit going on that you can read on here or that you get in the oil, gas or cable industry.
    If you need any more info, you’re more then welcome to contact me.

Che
    Participant

Hey One – Eye, Are you a pirate? Do you wear a patch over yer bad eye?
    I think we should be told! And do the guys at Odyssey, like Pirates of old get a share of the Loot? (it might make up for the day rates and time off)

Shiver me timbers!

Che!

One-eye
    Participant

I wear a funny hat and have a long black beard and I’m half blind. We’re not allowed to keep any artifacts, unfortunatly. The day rate that you have seen on here is a bit old, so they are better then what has been mentioned before, but as you can imagine they are not able to compete with oil and gas rates, but the job is FUN and VERY interesting.

Che
    Participant

So what happens to all the recoverd loot? Jesus , the cook on a trawler gets a share of the money from the catch!
    I suppose it will get FUN and INTERESTING when the Guardia Civil and the Spanish Navy board and impound your ships should they ever depart Gibraltar. Though the Spanish have a bloody cheek considering how they came into possesion of the Gold and Silver in the first place, but of course Odyssey Marine (and the expiditions financiers) were only finding it so they could return it to the peoples of Central and South America where it was stolen from in the first place. Best to leave it on the seabed where noone can see the blood it’s covered in.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar