Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Offered Trainee position with Oceaneering in Asia

Offered Trainee position with Oceaneering in Asia

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Offered Trainee position with Oceaneering in Asia

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Sandison
    Participant

I have wanted to get into ROVs for a long time but I already have a decent job which pays on a salary going offshore. Does anybody work for Oceaneering from the Asia section or what has people heard about working for them from there.
    I just feel it is a gamble as I am concerned that I don’t get put offshore for a long time after training and I am sitting not earning anything…And how does the day rate in Asia compare to other Aberdeen offices or US.

Johnny Bravo
    Participant

Same here mate offered a trainee position.

A bit worried about this myself as there are always guys sitting at home at somepoint and like you said we wont be earning anything at all.

Not sure what to do

James McLauchlan
    Participant

If you want into ROV’s but have no ROV experience, the only real way to get into the game is to take whatever is thrown at you to start with.
    I’m not suggesting that people offer to work for nothing (I’m sure the ‘pay peanuts and get monkeys’ brigade will be out quoting that age old phrase soon) but dithering about a low rate of pay when a job is on offer you have no experience to back up a higher rate is a lost cause.

I was a sat diver based in Asia with regular work but wanted into ROV’s. I had to take a huge drop in income to start with, but after a couple of years that was a distant memory.

The key to getting in and on a good rate is to get experience. If that comes at the expense of a salary/day rate at the lower end of the market then so be it.

The industry is busy now. if you don’t grab the opportunity by the horns and get on with it, you might as well look elsewhere for a career.

michael poulter
    Participant

well done first of all, but did you have to register with them first and was there a job available or do you have a contact with the company. Trying to get my career going and want some advice

Nathan Sandison
    Participant

well done first of all, but did you have to register with them first and was there a job available or do you have a contact with the company. Trying to get my career going and want some advice

Yeah I e-mailed an HR employee from there Singapore base with my CV and cover letter and got an interview in Aberdeen.. I would suggest just trying to get your CV out to the right people and keep contacting them regarding positions

joeboy
    Participant

Nathe & Trojan, lifes a gamble. Find your balls and crack on with it or sit back with all the other never rans and watch it go past. Good luck to you both either way. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar