Home Forums General General Board Old players making return down under

Old players making return down under

Home Forums General General Board Old players making return down under

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    elad1986
    Participant

Rumour has it that Sonsub and Oceaneering are attempting to get a majority of the Ozzie and NZ contracts in the next few years. I believe that it will be a difficult task, standing up against players like SS7, Technip, DOF Subsea in Australia, because of the dominancy they have in this area of the wold. Both Sonsub and Oceaneering do have the right arsenal behind them, however; will they be able to score major contracts over here like the old days? I know that Sonsub have a few projects over here a few years ago but have been very quiet lately.

Can anyone give any info if they have heard anything or know of any details? Comments and opinions are welcome too.

Elad
    Perth, Australia

me
    Participant

🙄 🙄
    Then i think Sonsub need some newer Vehicles.
    And they will never do it with the crap ships they use in SEA, but they are getting a new ship, and i have heard that one will go down under, TRUE ❓ ❓ ❓

elad1986
    Participant

but they are getting a new ship, and i have heard that one will go down under

I have heard this too, but apparently they have a lot more to follow.

chubby
    Participant

Rumor is that a few deepwater rigs will be meandering down under, complete with the ROV services inplace. So it be true, if Saipem have a project schedule then it be double true.

Doubt that Sonsub or OI would bother trying to make in road into a realistically small market, restricted by bureaucratic red tape, it more likely to be opportunistic.

MM
    Participant

Folks,
    Saipem are doing all the offshore construction works for the Eni Blacktip Gas Project on the NT / WA border. Saipems works include jacket installation, 110km pipelay and all subsea tie ins.

Dont know the exact start date but it will be in the beginning of the new financial year.

I also dont know if Saipem will be doing the ROV work themselves or getting a sub contractor.

Regards
    GJ

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar