Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion On an agency contract

On an agency contract

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion On an agency contract

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    johnnie
    Participant

Hello.

I’m currently doing a job where the contract states either party can give a days notice. If I want to terminate the contract whilst at sea, will they have to arrange to get me off the vessel even though it is not due in for a crew change for a while?

Thanks in advance

Archie

K2
    Participant

You don’t give enough information for anyone to advise you? You won’t have an issue getting home for compassionate reasons but if you don’t like the colour of the ROV buoyancy then going home will be problematic.

😉

timebandit
    Participant

Is it for health and safety reasons ?

johnnie
    Participant

Is it for health and safety reasons ?

I’m just wondering why i need a reason when the contract says I can terminate it with a days notice. There is nothing on it about a reason.
    If i had to give a reason it would be that they seem to be in breach of contract.

ROVSKI
    Participant

Well Archie, Pull the pin and see what happens. You have the contract and can assess more thoroughly what’s in it than we can. I did once, got the next chopper off. They put me in a hotel one night and I had to pay my own way home. Maybe could have fought for it but was just so glad to get off the shithole didn’t care. During your email conversations the job duration was probably mentioned, its usually expected that you do the days unless something dramatic occurs.
    What will probably happen is you withdraw your services and sit in your cabin and wait till the next port call. They get a deckhand or someone to help with launch and recovery. It would be very unusual for them to stop operations and run the greenhorn ashore.
    Probably best to ring your agent and tell them your situation.

Roy Simson
    Participant

Yes 100% correct you will end up with Zero plus your have to pay for your own airfare back home .

The reasons why you want to get off are still vague ? Forget the contract most are not worth the paper there printed on .

It would have been much better before you requested off to contact someone on the beach and they contacted the company telling them there was a problem at home and you had to get off ASAP .

But I do know of one guy who locked himself in his cabin and when he got off they charged him for full board and lodging plus the cost of the chopper in the end in his 2 weeks offshore trip he made nothing .

So if I was you I would just accept the job is crap and wait till your relief comes if you cannot you will end up with Zero to show after the trip .

Raptor

ROVSKI
    Participant

That’s the way to do it Raptor, wife mother etc calls the agency "emergency at home". 🙄 Wouldn’t have been the first time 😉

Roy Simson
    Participant

Yes its to late now his screwed .

Raptor

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar