Home Forums General General Board Pilot flying Hours

Pilot flying Hours

Home Forums General General Board Pilot flying Hours

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Morne
    Participant

Slayered here

Can any one tell me what is the average hours you will get during a year
    working for oceaneering or subsea 7. This must be as a trainee or a ROV tech Pilot 8)

Andy Shiers
    Participant

😕 that………………………………… ?
    Is a Very tall question 😕
    In fact I should really have a rethink about that question if I was you as it is quite a silly question to ask …………… ( to be diplomatic 😕 )

Ray Shields
    Participant

Between none and 200.

See above answer – you cannot say as it depends on what job you go on, what the work is, what the system, is, who the Supervisor is and a hundred other variables.

Anonymous

Hi
    If you do drill support, 1-2 hours in water every day, or every second day, you do the math

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Hi
    If you do drill support, 1-2 hours in water every day, or every second day, you do the math

As a trainee? There is no real way of working that out. Like Ray says… 0-200 and that’s not a sarcastic response either.

Anonymous

HI
    Did not say he would get 1-2 hours every day, ROV is in the water 1-2 hours, and maybe 2 people there want hours.

Ray Shields
    Participant

1-2 hrs a day in the water = 7-14 hrs a week = 28-56 a month

assuming you did month on month off after the first 2-3 months of initial training and induction and getting onto a regular slot, 4 trips for the rest of the year = 112-224 hours in the year.

Assuming you were not going to do all of the flying and/or there was another trainee there, assume you get 30-60% of the flying = between 33.6 hours and 134.4 hours.

Of course as these are Drill Support flying hours they would count for a tiny percentage if you were then sent on a job working off a boat, mid water, using acoustic tracking in zero vis playing with crane wires.

So the answsers still between zero and 200 😀

James McLauchlan
    Participant

HI
    Did not say he would get 1-2 hours every day……

Correct.

Anonymous

HI
    I know i know Guys, just wanted to tell the guy how few hours there is in drill support, so yes i fully agree with 0-200

bt
    Participant

you`ll be doing well if you can get 100hrs in your first year.
    depends what your calling flying hours.
    drill support sat on seabed, sitting in tms, bubble watch. would you call them flying. I don`t think so.
    Does n`t matter how many hours you`ve got people will be able to tell in the first shift if your any good.

ROVRatt
    Participant

Also depends on the supervisor. I have known supervisors that won’t let anyone fly. You might get 1 – 2 hours total in a month if you get one of these guys.

I don’t consider the ROV flying when hanging on to a structure, in the TMS/cage, on the seabed etc. The ROV must be free and require thruster control by the pilot to be considered flying.

Morne
    Participant

Slayered Here

It seems to me I have the ball on the roll here. First of all guys thanks for all your comment and it is as you say it depends purely in what type of work you are going to do. I know it depends purely on yourself to get those hours but if it happens that you are with a poor supervisor it is going to be difficult. I am going to need 100 hours to finish my first year training but I do think I will get as I am a guy that will fight for it. In what type of Rov work will you get the most piloting hours.
    8)
    Cheers Slayered
    8)

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Drill support 😕 Pipeline 🙄 Trenching 😯 At the end of the day , I don’t consider any of the other aspects of flying ………..Other than Platform Inspection , where you need to use ya ‘Nonce’
    Get some platform inspection hours on ya belt , Each Platform is a challenge in it’s self and will definately make you a better overall pilot in the long run 🙂

Adam Freeburn
    Participant

Get your self on a pipeline survey job, you will be guarnateed 2-3 hours a day if not more.

liddelljohn
    Participant

I have worked 2 years in ROV , can fix the damn things with my eyes shut , hundreds of hours on the winch …but on 22 hours piloting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar