Home Forums General General Board PM help from admins please

PM help from admins please

Home Forums General General Board PM help from admins please

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    michael kilby
    Participant

Hi all,

i’m Mick, an ex-avionics technician, Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (REME for short) HM Forces, and i’m looking to get a break into ROV work.

I’m not here to ask for a job, although one would be appreicated, i’m asking for a little assistance with a potential issue i’m having with PMs.

I have sent 2 PMs so far to people on the forum, however, when i look at my messages, there is nothing in the "sent" file, but both messages are in the "outbox" file.

Is there a reason for this?

Secondly, when i click on someones profile, is there anywhere that tells me if this person is still active on the forum?

Any help appreciated

Mick

jonathan marshall
    Participant

I also have had the same problem…. I think it may be down to the fact the user is no longer active.
    Is this the case?

michael kilby
    Participant

I also have had the same problem…. I think it may be down to the fact the user is no longer active.
    Is this the case?

this might be true, however one of the people i PMd was on the forum within the last 2 weeks..

could it be that it sits in the outbox untill it is read???

any admins please help!!!

Ray Shields
    Participant

James can better confirm, but I believe that if the messages are still in your Outbox, it means the user has not yet opened the message. Once they do, it will switch to your Sent box.

Also, there is no way of knowing if a user is inactive. Once they have an account, they always have it unless deleted. Some people can go years between logins 🙂

michael kilby
    Participant

thanks for the reply ray

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar