Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion RE: IV Offshore are seeking ROV Pilots

RE: IV Offshore are seeking ROV Pilots

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion RE: IV Offshore are seeking ROV Pilots

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    James McLauchlan
    Participant

IV Offshore are seeking ROV Pilots to work with an SMD Quasar.
    Project will include light construction duites such as, cutting wires and some survey duties.
    Pilots must have minimum of 5 year experience with competency certificate and HV certificate, unless Malaysian.
    Start date: 11th of September.
    Duration: 30-45 days.

Pilots must have minimum of 5 year experience with competency certificate and HV certificate, unless Malaysian.

Nothing wrong with the job details posted by IVOFFSHOREUK until I read : Unless Malaysian? ❗

I take it that the Malaysian Contractor doesn’t care if their own people are experienced, competent, or qualified but expect others working on the job to meet all the requirements. What a great example to set by way of standards.
    How sad is that?

piper
    Participant

Goes to show how people piggyback onto other people in most of these offshore jobs.

Sit Rep
    Participant

Just another example of nationalism/cronyism/corruption.

I.E. I think even the Malaysian nationals would get a different pay rate depending on Malay, Chinese or Indian ethnicity.

If it’s their waters it’s their rights, or way of life and you should accept that as taken. They are not the only ones, think Australia, Canada and the USA for example.

I think you may have read into it too much… medical and safety requirements are much the same everywhere these days (and how many grossly obese good old boys do you see offshore).

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar