Home Forums General General Board Re-using Tywraps

Re-using Tywraps

Home Forums General General Board Re-using Tywraps

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Andy Shiers
    Participant

Hidden currents , I be thinking 😀

Anonymous

Ok..(for James)…best advice

if you are running low on tywraps…

HIDE THEM FROM THE DIVERS !!!!

😀

Andy Shiers
    Participant

😆

effinreps
    Participant

Allseas would say that there is nothing more annoying than a pipeline with a figure of eight kink in the middle!! CLEAR TO SURFACE……

Highland Rover by any chance?? 😆

Ewan McKen
    Participant

Inovator please tell me your post was a P*** Take.

OK, my post was a P*** Take.

But ‘many a true word said in jest’.

Now everybody (who is anybody) has ISO 9001 (Quality), the new game is ISO 14001 (Environmental).

Give it a few years and Tywrap recycling will be the Policy of everybody (who is anybody).

Regards,
    I5

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Yawn and snore! Give it a break dudes. It’s pretty much anal from here on!!

MrSilent
    Participant

Inovator please tell me your post was a P*** Take.

OK, my post was a P*** Take.

But ‘many a true word said in jest’.

Now everybody (who is anybody) has ISO 9001 (Quality), the new game is ISO 14001 (Environmental).

Give it a few years and Tywrap recycling will be the Policy of everybody (who is anybody).

Regards,
    I5

I don’t think it was. I think you fell for this little run around and have been ironing them for the last week. Only realising your foolishness when you posted it on the forum.

😯

ROVRatt
    Participant

I think they may be winding you up. Could this be in the same vain as a long stand, left handed screwdriver, box of sparks, etc. etc. etc

ÃŒ’m a bit old to be caught by a windup like this. I had a bloke about 2 years ago who had just become a night shift supervisor and wanted to impress the system supervisor while being a pain in the Sub Eng an PT’s arses. He lectured us about the "right way" to cut tie wraps off to save the company money and led by example.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Subsea by chance 🙄

very probably lost 😆

Ewan McKen
    Participant

I think you fell for this little run around and have been ironing them for the last week.

Only time I may have to use a tywrap is for emergency repairs to my Desk.

Subsea by chance 🙄

Is that better or worse than Subsea by choice?

Regards,
    I5

Andy Shiers
    Participant

😆 Very quip !

liddelljohn
    Participant

the best use of a tie wrap is to put it round an idiots neck and pull it tight …very useful for when survey and engineers cannot get it right.

ROVRatt
    Participant

Innovator05 wrote:

The Administration Costs of placing the order and the Logistical Costs of getting the Tywraps to the ROV System means they probably cost a lot more than you think.

This cost is already known, covered and budgeted for by any companys business plan. The cost to the client of the crew and the system comes out of the business plan so this is a given and charged to the client.

They are certainly worth recycling where practicable.

Yes, and those lazy sub eng’s and PT’s can also wash the rags by hand when they’ve got nothing else to do. After all we can’t waste that expensive technical education now, can we?

Whether it is practicable depends on what the PT would be doing otherwise, since he is already paid for being there.

Can anyone see why there are revolutions? No wonder uni0ns are formed with attitudes like this. But all is not lost, I propose Innovator05 as the British Prime Ministers’ right hand man. With an attitude like this Britain can get out of recession easily. Office workers now have less to do but are being paid for being there anyway so Innovator05 can get them to clean the company offices and toilets. They can also paint the office walls and keep the garden outside tidy. After all, they are already being paid for being there.

Ewan McKen
    Participant

This cost is already known, covered and budgeted for by any companys business plan. The cost to the client of the crew and the system comes out of the business plan so this is a given and charged to the client.

That makes perfect sense.

But only if you happen to be running the only ROV Company in the World.

Regards,
    I5

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar