Home Forums General General Board Rental – Needed right away – Portable ROV system to -200m?

Rental – Needed right away – Portable ROV system to -200m?

Home Forums General General Board Rental – Needed right away – Portable ROV system to -200m?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    James McLauchlan
    Participant

There is a job going begging for a light portable Obs ROV (LBV 200 for example) starting ASAP. The company’s own ROV was not up to the job and they are on the hunt for a system to hire right now.
    Our LBV is only rated to -150m

If you have a system (doesn’t have to be LBV) and can meet the requirements below:

Work depth: -200m
    Needs to have a mini grabber to pull light 6mm polyprop line.
    Minimum 7 days work.
    Working from a small dive vessel.
    Accommodation on-board.
    Immediate start – Like tomorrow!
    Must be able to get to South Spain with the system ASAP
    You must accept a trainee (known to me) onto the team.

Contact me by PM or phone for more info

Office Tel: +351 289 472 326

Ray Shields
    Participant

>>You must accept a trainee (known to me) onto the team. <<

I’m sure you’re not THAt low in the ranks now, are you James 🙂

Andy Shiers
    Participant

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Hey!.. we all have to start somewhere. I’ve been desk bound for so long I need to start at the bottom again 😉

Actually, it was the trainee that called us with the job lead, obtained through a contact of his, We quoted within an hour.

I felt that if anyone got the contract our trainee should at least get a pop at getting some hours in. Pretty sharp guy actually, but is up against the usual trainee trying to get work issues. He has some hours but the co’s and agencies won’t take new starts too easily from Portugal.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

This opportunity will go away in a day or so.

I know the company has mobbed a boat and are scouring the EU for a suitable system this very moment. They may have even hooked into someone already.

We were accepted (with our LBV150 with three jaw grabber) and but they had screwed up on the depth on their initial request. It seems that the office thought they were operating at -100m when the guys on the job knew it was -197m. Not the first time we have seen the base out of touch with reality.

Rather than us say nothing, my idea was to give the chance to somebody out there that may have a system ready to go.

Tim Bulman
    Participant

Have a Sea Eye Falcon 300 meter with 300 meters cable on hand drum. Have 3 jaw gripper, tritech sonar, 2 cameras, .
    Located in Western Canada…but will go anywhere.
    If it is still available, let me know.
    What time zone are you in?

1-250-619-5918 Tim

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Tim

PM sent a few hours back and an email very recently.

best regards
    James Mc

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar