Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates ROV Pay Rate Updates – Getting out of date :(

ROV Pay Rate Updates – Getting out of date :(

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates ROV Pay Rate Updates – Getting out of date :(

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    James McLauchlan
    Participant

A few years back we started an initiative to make ROV pay rates available to all those that might be interested. At ROVworld we have no direct source for pay rates so for the idea to work we needed people to mail in rates on an anonymous basis. The method we devised protected the source and is clearly outlined HERE

The real idea was to enable people to check the rates against an offer they had received and see how fair/unfair that offer may be. It was supposed to help level the playing field in favour of the individual and give them a ball park figure on what they should be asking for/or on already.

It now seems that people are not that interested in the idea because in the last 12 months we have only had about 10 people send rates in… this makes the rates page look out of sync with real time rates.

Unless we see an upturn rates feedback, rather than flog a dead horse and our site being seen to provide out of date information, we may consider dropping the idea in favour of doing nothing which is an easy way out for us and saves us time as well 🙂

In short there is no point in offering a rates page with data that is well out of date.. by a couple of years in some cases!

bt
    Participant

could be that the rates haven`t moved in the last 12 months and are going down the way for some people.

madddawg
    Participant

🙁 Well, I’ll update were I can, but for the record, I’m GBP29/d worserer than Jan 08. Probably ’cause I’m with the local, friendly subsea partner of choice…. 🙁

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Just received a rate update in from another member in SA .. thanks :tup:

Marcus Samaroo
    Participant

I’m currently on USD 600/day.. SPT/Sub Eng.. not sure what that is like when compared to others cause I don’t usually ask others their rates. . Would be interesting to thouge to see what others are getting now with work being slower than usual… I’ve been on that rate for 18 months now. It’s what i ask for and they all seem happy to give it… maybe others are getting more…..? But I’m good either way since I’m happy with my current rate, and wont ask for more just because another guys is getting more… if a guys gets paid more… then he probrably deserves it… either that or he’s bull-shited the right people. I will say thought that I have worked with guys senior to me, who when i listen to them talk, I realise, that i get paid more than they do… so i beleive in some cases a company will pay more for a guy based on ability or experience rather than the fact that they may be called a Snr Sub Eng or Supervisor…

Ray Shields
    Participant

I’m currently on USD 600/day.. SPT/Sub Eng.. not sure what that is like when compared to others cause I don’t usually ask others their rates. . Would be interesting to thouge to see what others are getting now with work being slower than usual… I’ve been on that rate for 18 months now. It’s what i ask for and they all seem happy to give it… maybe others are getting more…..?

Why don’t you ask them? And then post it on here. Then we will all know. You do also need to say what company and what part of the world they are in for the info to be relevant.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

I’m currently on USD 600/day.. SPT/Sub Eng.. not sure what that is like when compared to others cause I don’t usually ask others their rates. . Would be interesting to though to see what others are getting now with work being slower than usual…

Whether work is slow or not you should keep in tune with what other people around you are being paid. For all you know, by not asking others, you may have been short changed for months… which might explain why the company you work for is happy to pay you he rate you are on. There is no sense in being overly nice in this game when it comes to pay!

regards
    James Mc

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

could be that the rates haven`t moved in the last 12 months and are going down the way for some people.

bt,

I agree. Sems the rates have stagnated for the past 12 months.

James,

Sorry, I don’thave any new rates to put in either.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar