Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates ROV Pay Rates – General Discussion

ROV Pay Rates – General Discussion

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates ROV Pay Rates – General Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    K2
    Participant

There seems to be an awful lot of ranting and raving about rates. I hear and see, time & time, bitching about ‘they get more than us, how come the trainee gets that much, why is a supervisor on just £20 a day more than his PT’……. blah blah blah…!! 🙄

I wonder whether anyone who complains has actually done something about it? ❓ ❗

At the end of the day you negotiate your rate prior to accepting a job. 😆

If you don’t like your rate then renegotiate or move somewhere that you will get what you expect. If you are consistently unable to achive the rate you expect then there must be a reason, why not ask your employer for some feedback so you can focus on the area you need to?

😉

rovbionic
    Participant

Shop rate US$400 plus 4 star hotel / offshore $500 p/d for Saipem America/Sonsub

Anonymous

I will see if i can get my Boss to give me $250 US a day.

rovnumpty
    Participant

Typical R..whatever

Would you happen to be one of our colonial brethren from the other side of the pond? Or perhaps an ex-bubblehead with no technical knowhow who managed to get into the job through the ‘funnyhandshake’ ™ route?

A reasonably compentent ROV sparky would be able to do all the the jobs in Bacaruda’s post. Eyes closed. Especially on a production platform. All you need is the variuos bits of paper and a start – just like the ROV industry!

Anonymous

Typical R..whatever

Would you happen to be one of our colonial brethren from the other side of the pond? Or perhaps an ex-bubblehead with no technical knowhow who managed to get into the job through the ‘funnyhandshake’ ™ route?

A reasonably compentent ROV sparky would be able to do all the the jobs in Bacaruda’s post. Eyes closed. Especially on a production platform. All you need is the variuos bits of paper and a start – just like the ROV industry!

Yep well heres an idea. Instead of whining about it why not go and get a job as a production engineer or a instrument tech and move on. Your either in the ROV industry and getting on with it or whining about things like a typical rov whiner. Gee maybe (and perhaps this is a bit off the wall, but maybe they couldnt actually get a job in that actual industry because like a lot of ROV guys, scratch the surface and there are no real quals behind them..)

rovbionic
    Participant

Well put whinner….much like me own sob storey…typical sat rat..injuries…..pull wrenches like no bodies business…not a shred of paper in the beginning.

Me taut to keep me trap shut and LISTEN were de bes ider……know….yanks sending me to ….every course under the sun…funny enough as you say you learn alot of dat shite and its all just a charming wee refresher at someone elses espenses……wait till you see all the new shirts,hats and different ways I can spit tabakee….NOT!

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Click the link for the latest updated page…

ROV Pay Rates
    Last Update: 28th Jan 2007

Keep sending in your ROV pay rates…it’s the only way to keep this page up-to-date

All the best
    James & Gina

Hi gina,

Put rates in the other week and they are not there.

KeyserSoze
    Participant

All,

Latest on S Club, It seems that they are starting to take note of market forces in a very real sense. Latest update on oilbeefhooked indicates that they will be awarding their ROV personnel a pay rise. Whether this falls in line with Technip and ISS remains to be seen. Apparently it will come in the form of two payments. Anyone else got any news?

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

All,

Latest on S Club, It seems that they are starting to take note of market forces in a very real sense. Latest update on oilbeefhooked indicates that they will be awarding their ROV personnel a pay rise. Whether this falls in line with Technip and ISS remains to be seen. Apparently it will come in the form of two payments. Anyone else got any news?

The salary guys aren’t very optimistic at the moment… Time will tell.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Are the salary guys ever optimistic about anything?

Anonymous

Not if there is anything worth whining about…No fun unless you spend at least a month tossing off about how hard your life is earning more than your peers…

Anonymous

"KeyserSoze"

Anyway more importantly what was that film called….was pretty good i reckon.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Not if there is anything worth whining about…No fun unless you spend at least a month tossing off about how hard your life is earning more than your peers…

❗ I know that should read "peers onshore" ❗

Steve
    Participant

I heard today from a trusted source that having given their guys a rate rise, ISS are refusing to increase rates to agency personnel. So we’ll all be queuing round the block to work for them again then!! 😉

Anyone know more?

Ray Shields
    Participant

Sounds about right, theres a few companies now who are deliberately not paying Agency as much as their own guys in order to encourage people to go staff with them.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar