Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates ROV Pay Rates – General Discussion

ROV Pay Rates – General Discussion

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates ROV Pay Rates – General Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    rovnumpty
    Participant

Don’t know about ISS

But Sonsub- sorry- Saipem UK are paying me more as staff than I was receiving from UKPS at the same seniority level.

Don’t know if that’s Sonsub or UKPS though.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Hi Gina,

When will the next update be???

Ray Shields
    Participant

Don’t know about ISS

But Sonsub- sorry- Saipem UK are paying me more as staff than I was receiving from UKPS at the same seniority level.

Don’t know if that’s Sonsub or UKPS though.

I noticed before UKPS signing up with deals with Fugro and Sonsub agreeing rates for the year. They are supposed to be working for the GUYS interests not the companies. That meant it was the same flat rate for the guys all the time, so when it got busy UKPS would just tell their guy "sorry this is the rate"

Angry
    Participant

Here are the current and future rates for Subsea7 Australia.
    Rates are in Australian Dollars
    1 January 2007:

Supervisor $905.00
    Senior Pilot Tech $830.00
    Pilot Tech gd 1 $754
    Pilot Tech Gd 2 $679
    Pilot Tech 3 < 12 months experience $603.00

New rates due 1 July 2007:

Supervisor $950.00
    Senior Pilot Tech $871.00
    Pilot Tech gd 1 $792
    Pilot Tech Gd 2 $713
    Pilot Tech 3 < 12 months experience $633.00

Hope this helps a few.
    Regards
    Angry

Angry
    Participant

Sorry forgot to mention the Superintendants rate, mainly because I cant. Its secret mens business not privy to us lower down the ladder.
    All rates I posted are day rates. travelling from anywhere to Perth is a day rate of Au$200/day. Travelling from Perth is normal day rates.
    Working on the beach requires 9 hrs work for the day rates posted.
    When doing any training required by the company whilst on break/leave you do not get paid for it.
    How do others around the world go when asked to do trianing whilst on break, are you paid for it.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Whats the dollar to sterling rate at the moment ?

Sarcy
    Participant

it’s about 3 Oz to 1 UK I think.

misiuek
    Participant
    NewKidOnTheBlock
    Participant

Sorry guys, I put my reply in a new topic instead of a reply.

As a newbie to the industry, Subsea7 in Aberdeen just offered me £165 day rate to work on boat based ROV’s.

ISS Aberdeen offered my friend £191 day rate as a trainee. Wish I’d got that one, but my CV was poor then as I’d just started looking.
    🙁

‘Sonsub have upped the anti on the wages

some grades up by £45 a day back dated to jan 07.

its now hotting up dont you think’

Found this on oilbeefhooked.co.uk. Saipem been thinking about their pay rates then?????

pipetracker
    Participant

Well the Sonsub review is not a pay rise in the normal sense. Everybody has been put up a grade (or in some cases 2) which has resulted in varying percentages across the board. In some cases this increase has been a paltry £2.79/day which is equivalent to 1.05%. Surely whoever decided that this was the way to go looked at the numbers and believed that this was ‘acceptable’….. 😆 (sorry, Sonsub in joke) It’s a stunning example of how the HR Dept within Sonsub operates (or fails to)!. I’d like to think that this was just an oversight and will be resolved quickly but mistakes like this do a lot of damage to the relationship between staff and the HR Dept and people will walk if it’s not sorted.

Supervisors are now on £340.33/day which is an increase of approx £35 but still about £35/day less than some other companies (Geo, ISS, etc). Yes, there is the pension (3%), BUPA, 20 days holiday pay and the Loyalty Bonus which you need to hang around for 4 years to make up the difference to the other companies.

Stay safe everybody

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Plus of course Sonsub still use plenty of day rate direct people. They will not stick around either if they see no real improvement in rates to bring them up closer to the rest of the field.

We all know how short of good people the industry is right now and one would have thought that as long as companies have good/regular personnel offshore doing their job, the HR/Management types, back on the beach, would be pulling their weight also, to ensure that the company retains those people to keep the company functioning operationally. This may result in extra unanticipated costs (to the company) but the job needs to be completed to the clients satisfaction with good people.. not bungled because experienced people have left and all that remains are a majority of low paid inexperienced personnel, pushed up the ladder too quickly.

In the past I have seen Sonsub dangle carrots but often those carrots turned out to be the baby processed variety that come in tins, rather than the big well fed carrots you often see. I think the above posts tend to confirm that.
    They need to get up to speed on the pay front very soon or a mass exodus will happen soon.. or is happening for all I know (I’m not involved with Sonsub).
    When it happens it will not be the fault of the people walking that’s for sure.

It’s no good for management to simply rely on ‘loyalty’ and so called (complicated) ‘bonus schemes’ when the most they currently offer is to bring the overall package up to the level of the rest of the markets normal rate. There is also little mileage in management losing the plot over low rates being exposed (as in this Forum recently) when they are the ones involved with setting/approving the rates in the first instance.

Having said all that… It’s also no good for employees to moan about bad rates when they still work for the company in question. We all know where the door is and nobody is forcing anyone to stay when a company is lagging on the pay front and seems to be doing little to correct the disparity.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Seems to me that there’s a bit of collusion going on with the companies and agencies. Some of the companies have decided to go it on their own and take a chance with their consequences. Others have – it seems – to be keeping the pay rates down very efficiently by being brothers-in-arms. Would ANY management types like to defend my statement or will the deafening sound of silence be your answer / guilt by default??? ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓

TheBaron
    Participant

Scotbeve, you are 100% correct on your collusion theory. Every year, and sometimes twice per year, the agency bosses embark on a world tour for meet & greets with various ROV management peeps. Normally there are formal meetings/presentations during the day, followed by a less formal meal and drinks session during the evening. The following morning is when the deal is clinched. This is when all the coffee mugs, pens, calendars and polo shirts bearing logo’s are handed out.
    Now, what do they discuss? Invoicing terms and conditions are discussed, bragging rights about how many pawns are on their books, but most important for the agency, is the exclusivity clause. They push hard on this. This is a hard bargain because during silly season no single agency can meet the demands of the busier operators. This is where the ‘first shout’ push is done. At this point ROV management can really work on screwing-down the rates. Of course, you’d think it’s in the agencies best interest to agree to higher rates, but they also must remain competitive. They know damn well that the bosses of other agencies will be hot on their heels, embarking on their own little world tours. The normal result is a bit of give and take. The ROV companies state the maximum they are prepared to pay, and the agency works out it’s percentage from there. The agency cut will always slice into the dayrate, so the harder the deal from the ROV operating company, the deeper the cut into the eventual dayrate. The agency will always maintain it’s own margin regardless of the rates agreed. The margins that the agency work on must allow them to meet the higher rates demanded by the ‘blue-eyed boys’ that each agency harbours, at the expense of the more ‘average’ staff.
    Overall, it’s not too seedy an affair, just business; but you can see how in reality the ROV companies have the upper hand. The agencies will never lose a wink of sleep over the rates they offer you, as their cut is assured regardless….at your expense! When you think about it, it’s a good bipartisan arrangement between the Agency and the Operator! 👿

Mrhappy
    Participant

Subsea 7 supervisor rate –

salary personnel – 28k and 200 a day.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar