Home Forums General General Board rov trainee

rov trainee

Home Forums General General Board rov trainee

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    john storer
    Participant

Hi All
    been in the game some yeas now, and after hearing of my exploits my son fancies giving it a go. He is 19, and was until recently an apprentice plumber. Hes no mug, good with his hands and a quick learner.
    I understand he is young and needs expereience, so with this in mind contacted one of the firms running rov courses to try and get him on a course in the not too distant future
    Over the past few years I have had several trainees who have come through these courses, quite a few of them have had zero hands on experience of any kind, even to the point of not knowing how to use basic hand tools, ie spanners and power drill etc, (im not joking here!). Imagine my surprise when the training firm, told me that my son did not have the relevant experience ot even get on the course, according to IMCA standards etc. He could knock spots off a lot of the trainees ive had recently, not just because im biased either!
    I dont normally use this site, but was so taken aback by all the above decided to seek advice or help if available on here??
    get back to me anyone
    John

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Tell him to keep knocking on doors then, if nothing turns over, take a course in one of the relevant disciplines required in the field. The course, well…. you two decide on that. See the threads related to the course and then decide…

chriso
    Participant

Hey there, have a look at http://www.interventiontechnology.com they have recruiting posters in the Perth domestic airport. ROV training. Could help out your boy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar