Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner ROV trainee help!!!

ROV trainee help!!!

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner ROV trainee help!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    matty
    Participant

I have recently come across this site, thankfully. I was all ready to put myself through a ROV course but after reading some of the comments and the Q & A page I am now very dubious if it’s the right thing. I am time-serverd pipefitter and have worked with hydraulic systems but I have a basic electrical knowledge. I currently work offshore but want to get into the ROV industry. I have emailed my CV to most companies but not with much luck and now don’t know what my next option should be. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. 🙁

thinsub
    Participant

Keep trying most companies do there hiring at beginning of season (early spring in Europe)

You should have a decent chance with you experience, may have to spruce up your CV.

All the Best

Thinsub

TheBaron
    Participant

Matty, at this time of year you should really knock on doors. CV’s have limited value once the season starts, as File 13 tends to be full to brimming.
    Good luck 8)

matty
    Participant

Cheers for all your advice lads it’s somtime’s dis-hearting when you hear of people without any mechanical or electrical background getting a chance when you seem to get nothing but knock backs. Like I said it’s really tempting to do the 3 week training course just to try to give you a step up but at over 3 grand is it worth it. 😕

TheBaron
    Participant

I’ve said it several times before on this site; use your 3 grand to buy some airline/train tickets, and go to the ‘mountain’.

liddelljohn
    Participant

I’ve said it several times before on this site; use your 3 grand to buy some airline/train tickets, and go to the ‘mountain’.

Baron what excactly are you advocating here.?… I have spoken to many ROV operations companies and locally have several mates working out in Asia and all tell me the companies will not take me seriously until i have done an introductory training course with either SUBNET or Allseas in the PHillipines.
    I am due to do the SUBNET course next month.

jerry

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar