Home Forums General General Board ROV work situation in Australia/New zealand

ROV work situation in Australia/New zealand

Home Forums General General Board ROV work situation in Australia/New zealand

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Woodchopper
    Participant

Hello folks,

Any one out there made a move from the UK to Australia / New Zealand, and settled there?

I’ve looked on the pay rate thread here, and the companies division’s based in Oz appear to pay very well compared to the UK based branches.

How did people go about the move? Did they apply to their own company’s Australian office, or another companies Australian office and then get sponsored for all relevant immigration paper work?

I’m just milling the idea over in my head and would appreciate some input.

How do you find the Australians to work with>? is it all Castlemain XXXX and "shrimps on the barbie"?

Cheers folks
    😆

deepseacon
    Participant

For Aus have a look at some property prices to give you an idea.

Take a look for example at Perth WA.

And then the exchange rate and there lending rate if you will need a mortgage?

You will not see any off that 4X or fosters for that matter there.

And if you do like a pint i am sure its around 5 GBP a pint these days in Perth City area.

Then there is the matter of TAX

Australia Income Tax Rates 2010 – 2011

Australia Income Tax Rates for 2010 – 2011
    Tax Rates for Residents

AUD$ 1 – 6,000 Nil
    AUD$ 6,001 – 37,000 15c for each AUD$ 1 over 6,000
    AUD$ 37,001 – 80,000 AUD$ 4,650 plus 30c for each AUD$ 1 over AUD$ 37,000
    AUD$ 80,001 – 180,000 AUD$ 17,550 plus 37c for each AUD$ 1 over AUD$ 80,000
    AUD$ 180,001 and over AUD$ 54,550 plus 45c for each AUD$ 1 over AUD$ 180,000

Sit Rep
    Participant

How did people go about the move? Did they apply to their own company’s Australian office, or another companies Australian office and then get sponsored for all relevant immigration paper work?

Oh dear, how parochial! Do you assume that we import everything apart from seafood and Queensland (only) piss?

The vastmajority of the Australian ROV industry workers are gasp…Australian.

And sometimes we may "mull" things over but we leave the milling to the grain merchants. Personally I prefer to cogitate.
    😉

Woodchopper
    Participant

Ah Sitrep 69 my old boy,

You have labled my view as "parochial", but failed to see that I was being ironic in my depiction of supposed life "down under".

Thank you for correcting my misunderstanding of "mulling/milling"

Are you by any chance called Bruce, and wear a crocodile skin jacket, complete with a hat with corks dangling from it?

If you live near Rex Hunt, please send him my best wishes.

"cogitate" on that!

All the Best

Captain John Smith,
    England-shire 😆

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar