Home Forums General General Board Spam on ROVworld

Spam on ROVworld

Home Forums General General Board Spam on ROVworld

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andy Shiers
    Participant

How about sticking the Spammers email address on the forum James , Since they are so desperate for correspondence I will send them some shit back ? 😀

Ray Shields
    Participant

They are usually fake, spoofed or one time email addresses. It is better to trace the IP address that they accessed the site on and block that.

Anonymous

Hi

This topic help me a lot in developing my project. I will contribute more when I finished it.

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: Building inspector job description

Best regards.

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

Spammers are sometimes not easy to trace ie when they’re using proxy’s. You might see an ip but if you (webmaster) check the logfile you’ll find another ip instead.

The captcha (security code) doesn’t stop spammers from manually posting their spam. It stops spam bots only.

I will check my .htaccess file plus ip blacklist from my old website and forward both to James & Gina so they use the information for ROVworld.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Hi

This topic help me a lot in developing my project. I will contribute more when I finished it.

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: Enter spam name here
    (above link edited by admin)

Best regards.

I love it 🙂 We get a spammer posting in the thread about spammers 🙂

All we can do is what we have been doing.
    Not post about spammers spamming thus giving the posts a higher profile (nice for the spammer).
    Delete the posts when we see them and remove the offending account.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Not English then 😯

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Must be Scottish 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar